Happy Burpday Pat Brennan!!

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
Dave Daly

Happy Burpday Pat Brennan!!

by Dave Daly » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:41 pm

Deb and I spent the weekend with Pat and Lori up in SoYo climbing at an "uber-hot" Chiquito Dome Saturday and then Lost Eagle on Sunday. The birthday boy celebrated his 52nd birthday, enjoying some picnic brauts, Pabst and a cherry topped black forest cake. Yum!! The wine was flowin' and the tall tales from Pat were too. Good times with a great dood!!

Happy birthday Pat!! You legend and master of the griddle hot slab!

Guyzo

by Guyzo » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:11 pm

Pat -you old coot. Happy Birthday. :) :)

Dave, pic? TR?

Dave Daly

by Dave Daly » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:17 pm

I'll get 'em posted tonight, K?

We went up to Chiquito, greeted with the oncoming heat. :? Pat, Lori and Adam (a neighborhood kid from Lake Arrowhead) did 'Jigsaw Puzzle' (5.8R ) and Deb and I did 'Not Advertised' (5.9), a route put up by Jerry Anderson earlier in the year. 4 pitches later and a rap to the ground, we could handle the heat no more!! Back to the trucks and cracked open beers then back to the campground for the birthday follies.

Sunday saw us over at Lost Eagle. Pat, Lori and Adam did 'Funnel Runnel' (5.8 ) and topped out 2 hours later, while Deb, Ger (boulderhound) and myself commenced to slingin' knobs on the steep Melting Wall. We all left early due to the long trip home.

Good times, good times!! Tellin' you Guyzo......you're missin' out! Church Dome can wait. 8)

Guyzo

by Guyzo » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:37 pm

Dave Daly wrote:I'll get 'em posted tonight, K?

We went up to Chiquito, greeted with the oncoming heat. :? Pat, Lori and Adam (a neighborhood kid from Lake Arrowhead) did 'Jigsaw Puzzle' (5.8R ) and Deb and I did 'Not Advertised' (5.9), a route put up by Jerry Anderson earlier in the year. 4 pitches later and a rap to the ground, we could handle the heat no more!! Back to the trucks and cracked open beers then back to the campground for the birthday follies.

Sunday saw us over at Lost Eagle. Pat, Lori and Adam did 'Funnel Runnel' (5.8 ) and topped out 2 hours later, while Deb, Ger (boulderhound) and myself commenced to slingin' knobs on the steep Melting Wall. We all left early due to the long trip home.

Good times, good times!! Tellin' you Guyzo......you're missin' out! Church Dome can wait. 8)

Dave, I have been thinking. I am missing out on a "gold rush".

Might just get up there ASAP.

Late, dave. :wink:

Dave Daly

by Dave Daly » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:35 pm

Just ask Pat. He give you the gospel truth about it.

Return to California