Merced

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
jonesa37

by jonesa37 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:05 am

Cragging around the ham is decent right next to campus there is sehome hill with some quality problems then there is larabee about 15 min away with more bouldering, Squamish is an hour and a half away as well as index, Eire is about 45 min away. The climbing is there for sure

Mountain_girl

by Mountain_girl » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:48 am

Hi,
I am studying at UC Merced, it's not as bad as it seems :) Tiny town but very cheap and peaceful and even though centrally isolated, u get in 1.5-2h to any cool area u want - Yosemite, Coast, SF, another area close by to climb is Pinnacles NP. Closest indoor climbing options are in Modesto (Stonehenge) 30min away and Fresno 40min away. If you love the Sierra, Merced is a good "camping" place :) Let me know if u decide to come, maybe I will still be here...
Gosia

kiwiw

by kiwiw » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:05 am

cool, it's nice to get the viewpoint of someone who's actually at the college.
I'm a junior in HS, so fall 2011 at the earliest, but most likely I'll enroll for fall 2012. Climbing at index this weekend just reaffirmed my hatred for school.

Dave Daly

by Dave Daly » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:55 am

Kiwi-fruity pie -

Stay far away from our hidden gems! Go to the east side crags, where everyone raises a glass of grog over them. In fact, Chief will set you straight....fact is, he'll "guide" you out there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

(just a friendly teasing.....good luck in all you do, school or not)

Previous

Return to California