Mt Tyndall / Shepherd Pass - lost jacket + conditions

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
mtnpanda

Mt Tyndall / Shepherd Pass - lost jacket + conditions

by mtnpanda » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:33 am

I lost my lucky jacket on the North Rib/summit ridge of Mt Tyndall this past weekend (July 1). It's a red Outdoor Research Gore-Tex shell, zipped into its own pocket so it'll appear rectangular and grey from the outside (aka blends in with the granite :cry:). Well-loved with repair patches; it's been through lots of summits and an embarrassing number of lost bushwhacks.

If anyone finds the jacket, please PM me - I will most definitely cover shipping + more.

As for the latest conditions on Shepherd Pass: there's a small, well-traveled snowfield at the pass. I didn't need traction devices + axe (despite what NPS claimed as of 6/27). Just be prepared for decaying deer carcasses from last year's migration die off...Also, plenty of water flowing through the streams and the second lake by Tyndall is filled.

The following user would like to thank mtnpanda for this post
Romain

no avatar
Jim6822

Re: Mt Tyndall / Shepherd Pass - lost jacket + conditions

by Jim6822 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:45 am

I will be up there, I hope, the 13th of July through 15th. I will look for your jacket. I know how those favorite pieces of equipment are valuable.

The following user would like to thank Jim6822 for this post
mtnpanda

no avatar
0ddball

Re: Mt Tyndall / Shepherd Pass - lost jacket + conditions

by 0ddball » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:05 am

Hi! I climbed Tyndall last Saturday, and I think I found your Jacket! If you dm me your address, I will be happy to mail it to you

The following user would like to thank 0ddball for this post
mtnpanda, T. White

Return to California