It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:42 pm

News News of Asia

Site map of Asia » Forum : Asia

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.

Muztagh Ata Logistics providers for summer 2016

I'm keen on making an attempt on Muztagh Ata this summer, but am still stuck on finding a good logistics provider. I feel like I definitely don't need or want a guide, can manage all the carries, itinerary, food, gear, high camps by myself, can handle Chinese language issues with high fluency, and am competent enough to bring my own harness/rope and hook up with other independent climbers for the icefall sections. So, I pretty ...
Read more : Muztagh Ata Logistics providers for summer 2016 | Views : 3508 | Replies : 0

Insurance Nepal mountaineering?

Hello. I'm in Australia and looking for insurance that will cover mountaineering activities up to 6,500m in Nepal. I'm trying to get over there later this year for some trekking peaks and passes, with Sherpa and crew.

The only insurance company I know of that does this is Insured4Less, who appear to be good - though have never called upon them. I don't think WorldNomads do mountaineering activities up to 6,500m.

Insure4Less usually make you ...
Read more : Insurance Nepal mountaineering? | Views : 6562 | Replies : 13

Everest Base Camp and Island Peak- April-May 2016

Hello,

I am planning to hike to EBC, Kala Pathhar and climb to Island Peak. Is anyone planning to do the same during this time?

Thanks.

Rocky
Read more : Everest Base Camp and Island Peak- April-May 2016 | Views : 3708 | Replies : 0

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2016 - ITMC Kyrgyzstan Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2016 - ITMC Kyrgyzstan

All the Team Of ITMC Kyrgyzstan wishes members of SummitPost a Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year 2016

Read more : Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2016 - ITMC Kyrgyzstan | Views : 4711 | Replies : 5

Mountaineering regions of Kyrgyzstan last release before 201

I guys

It's a pleasure for me to announce a major new release 2015 of the Mountaineering Guide of Kyrgyzstan, it includes major insertion about western Tien-Shan, and other Inner Tian-Shan range. This work has been made by Vladimir Komissarov and I from 2011 and still in evolution since. Now more than 300 pages, with photos and orographic schemes.

Where to find it (free)

Liens sur / Links on Scribd (Guide de l'Alpinisme au Kirghizstan, ...
Read more : Mountaineering regions of Kyrgyzstan last release before 201 | Views : 4953 | Replies : 1

Crossing Amphu Lapcha/Labtsa/Laptsa North to South

Hi,

I am planning a trek in the Khumbu area and came across Amphu Lapcha pass (or Labtsa as some people call it). Usually it's crossed from South to North en route from Mera Peak to Imja Tse. However I would be going the other way, coming from Imja Tse.
Has anyone done this pass? How accurate are the descriptions which mention rappeling and fixed ropes - are those permanent fixed ropes? Since we would ...
Read more : Crossing Amphu Lapcha/Labtsa/Laptsa North to South | Views : 4061 | Replies : 2

Ridge map of Central Tien Shan

Greetings.
For several years I am drawig a map of a Central Tien-Shan including such regions as Terskey alatau, Borkoldoy range, Ak-Shirak and Kokshaal-Too.

I keep track of discovered summits and mountain passes. Also there are photos and the history of expeditions.

The map is here:
http://g-utka.ru/tsvetik/perechen/tianshan.HTML

Also there is a map of Dzungarian Alatau:
http://g-utka.ru/tsvetik/perechen/dzhungaria.HTML
Read more : Ridge map of Central Tien Shan | Views : 4197 | Replies : 2

Video of the Huber Brothers Dream of Sending Latok 1

Alex and Thomas Huber's dream of sending Latok 1 in Pakistan video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCdaN7X2Jc0
Read more : Video of the Huber Brothers Dream of Sending Latok 1 | Views : 3809 | Replies : 0

Amazing Sikkim Himalaya Amazing Sikkim Himalaya

We started planning our trip with no clue where to trek, but we wanted to trek in the Himalayas and less touristy. We bumped into Sikkim region which drawn our attention immediately because of the fact it is still not very popular.

If you want to do high altitude trekking in Sikkim Himalaya then it is must that you have to go through a local trekking company. The trek was accompanied by local staffs and ...
Read more : Amazing Sikkim Himalaya | Views : 3439 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557956 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136429