It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 2:44 am

News News of Asia

Site map of Asia » Forum : Asia

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.

Climb Mt Siguniang Chengdu china

Hi, anyone have infomation about DeFeng Peak and ErFeng Peak of Siguniang.
1) is it possible to walk in and get the park permit at Rilong
2) how to get the liason officer ad regulated by china govenment
3) anyone have contact with english speaking local guide?

thank you in advance
Read more : Climb Mt Siguniang Chengdu china | Views : 3545 | Replies : 0

China rock climbing / cragging this summer

I posted this on Supertopo, but would be interested in your thoughts as well. The general comments were that China will be far too hot at this time of year, but Mongolia might be nice. Other thoughts?

"Some friends and i are looking to head to China for a bit for some climbing: cragging and multipitch trad (<= 5.9) or sport (<=5.11/12).
This is between late June and August; the whole trip is a few ...
Read more : China rock climbing / cragging this summer | Views : 4131 | Replies : 1

Climbing Permits in Nepal

I'm organizing a Himalayan climbing trip for 2017. We are interested in climbing Island Peak then Ama Dablam. We plan to use porters to get our gear to base camps, but climb unguided. I've spent a good amount of time researching this, and I've found permit application forms, general rules, etc. I would like to talk to someone who has done this, or something similar, before. How long does it take to get the permits? ...
Read more : Climbing Permits in Nepal | Views : 3118 | Replies : 0

Everest 2015

Too early to post a who is going thread ? Deposits are made....
Read more : Everest 2015 | Views : 3600 | Replies : 0

Skiing in Hokkaido - Ski rental place

Hello, I'm going for an one-week ski touring / freeride skiing trip in Hokkaido in February 2015. I can't take my equipment with me so I will need to rent it there. Do you know any place in Hokkaido where I could rent skis, skins and boots? Thank you !
Read more : Skiing in Hokkaido - Ski rental place | Views : 3762 | Replies : 3

Ama Dablam Advice

Hi all,

Following positive experiences of self-organising climbing trips to AK and the Cordillera Blanca, I'm beginning to plan our first expedition to the Himalaya (Nepal). Just wondering if anyone has comments or advice about the pros/cons / costs/benefits of organizing a Himalayan expedition (versus hiring a company like Monterosa or Asian Trekking to organise the logisitcs). For instance, how long it takes to obtain permits and in KTM prior to heading out? Likewise, is ...
Read more : Ama Dablam Advice | Views : 4574 | Replies : 5

Dzhangi Tau Questions

Hello All,

I am looking for information about approach to the Pik Shota Rustaveli (Caucasus Mountain) from Georgian side.
If weather conditions will be good we are going to traverse from Shota Rustaveli Pik to main summit Janga Tau
We will start in May 2015.
The only source of information is a book Александр Федорович Наумов "Горы Сванетии" (Центральный Кавказ)
route no 124 (on the picture bellow),

If you have information about this route, for ...
Read more : Dzhangi Tau Questions | Views : 5381 | Replies : 2

Snow conditions at 4500m - Annapurna Region (Dhaulagiri)

Hi,

I am looking for information on the current snow conditions on the Dhaulagiri Circuit as I would like to attempt it with 3 friends starting next week.

Has anyone completed the Dhaulagiri Circuit, Annapurna Circuit or Annapurna Sanctuary trek in the last few days (end of October)? Can you comment on the amount of snow and how consolidated it is at around 4000 to 4500m?

I notice that a recent KE Adventure expedition to ...
Read more : Snow conditions at 4500m - Annapurna Region (Dhaulagiri) | Views : 3604 | Replies : 1

Mt Damavand in January

Hej Guys,

I have some holidays in January and was thinking of going to Iran/ Damavand for some ski-mountaineering. However most people seem to go there in April. Snow conditions and weather are supposed to be worse in January.

However I am still wondering about it. Is it a no go in January or just more likely to miss the good weather window?
Anybody here who has some experience in mid winter (or just on ...
Read more : Mt Damavand in January | Views : 3354 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557992 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136507