It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:14 am

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

Sonora Pass - Solo summit with easy scramble

I'm visiting Sonora Pass (or anywhere on Highway 108) from the UK for a day in October and as I'm travelling alone I'm looking to bag a summit that takes in an easy scramble, or just a good pointy peak. It should be doable in a day from a trail head. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated - there are so many peaks I don't know where to start!
Read more : Sonora Pass - Solo summit with easy scramble | Views : 4800 | Replies : 4

Death Valley Rock Climbing

Hello.

I am going this weekend to do Telescope Peak. We are doing a 2:30 AM start to try to catch sunrise on the summit. I think we are going to be done with the whole event early. Are there any sites between Telescope and Las Vegas where we do some rock climbing. Places where they have bolted sport routes, or where I am likely to find other climbers are preferred.

Thanks,
Fernando
Read more : Death Valley Rock Climbing | Views : 2416 | Replies : 1

Whitney Mountaineers' Route current conditions?

Anyone been up in the last week? Ice axe and crampons still needed, or has snow melted off?
Read more : Whitney Mountaineers' Route current conditions? | Views : 3812 | Replies : 1

Fatality on Mt Ritter (300 ft fall)

A climber took a 300 ft fall on Mt Ritter -- R.I.P
https://snowbrains.com/hiker-dead-after ... -lakes-ca/
Read more : Fatality on Mt Ritter (300 ft fall) | Views : 4612 | Replies : 2

Snow chute to Merriam-Royce saddle?

Does anyone know if this chute is ever snow free or if it can be climbed next to the snow? Would be nice to leave crampons/axe in the car. Thinking about doing it this weekend.

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Read more : Snow chute to Merriam-Royce saddle? | Views : 3322 | Replies : 5

U-Notch Conditions / Recent Trip Report

Anyone have any recent knowledge of the couliour and/or bergschrund? I am wanting to try it on the 10th. I'm hoping the heavy snow year will help out.
Read more : U-Notch Conditions / Recent Trip Report | Views : 2431 | Replies : 0

East Side Conditions

We’re planning to go over Shepherd Pass to climb Kern Point and Picket Guard July 24-28. We’re also planning to go over Bishop Pass to climb Observation and Scylla August 4-8. Do you have recent information on how much snow is left? More importantly, do you know how hard it will be to cross the Kern River to get to Kern Point and Picket Guard? Thanks a bunch!
Read more : East Side Conditions | Views : 5221 | Replies : 7

Missing Camper Alert 7/11

Inyo Co Sheriff's Dept:
Update 7/15 - 11:30am- searchers have located a dog matching the description of the dog that was with missing camper Sheryl Powell. The dog is alive, and was located 2.5 miles from Mrs. Powell’s last known location. Updates to follow.

Missing Camper, Day Four

*If you choose to post comments we ask that you make them substantive and relevant - this is a sensitive case and our audience should be aware ...
Read more : Missing Camper Alert 7/11 | Views : 3217 | Replies : 4

Montgomery Peak via Queen Canyon - Road Conditions?

Does anyone know the condition of Queen Canyon Road to the trailhead of Montgomery/Boundary? Thanks!
Read more : Montgomery Peak via Queen Canyon - Road Conditions? | Views : 2284 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557954 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136418