It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:31 am

News News of Canada and Alaska

Site map of Canada and Alaska » Forum : Canada and Alaska

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Canada and Alaska. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Canada and Alaska Climbing Partners forum.

Alaska in October

So I'm thinking about a trip to Canada & Alaska and hoping to get some of you guys who live there to chime in....

The plan is to drive from Seattle to Anchorage, then to Prudhoe Bay on the Dalton Highway. I've always wanted to do this roadtrip, and want to do some climbing along the way. As of right now planned stops include Vancouver, Anchorage, and Fairbanks. I'd like to do a climb each ...
Read more : Alaska in October | Views : 13765 | Replies : 10

Past Weather on Denali for May 25-June 2, 2011

Hi folks,

Does anybody know how I can get the past weather data for Denali (for the heights of 17,000-21,000 feet). There is a good resource for current weather - http://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/ ... casts/6194 - but it doesn't have records of past weather. I tried to do Web Archive but was able to retrieve data only for June 7th, 2011 - http://web.archive.org/web/201106072042 ... casts/6194. ...
Read more : Past Weather on Denali for May 25-June 2, 2011 | Views : 6135 | Replies : 2

100th Anniversary Mt. Mckinley/Denali Summit

Not sure if this has already been posted or not but this looks like an interesting way to celebrate the 100th Anniversary.

http://news.yahoo.com/100th-anniversary ... 44234.html
Read more : 100th Anniversary Mt. Mckinley/Denali Summit | Views : 4552 | Replies : 2

epic Vancouver day trips

Is there any good day climbs that can be approached from Vancouver? What about in March? I might have a 24 hour layover in the city. Black Tusk looks wild but would the snow conditions require at least an overnight? Or am I better off watching a movie and eating some bacon? Or are there other peaks or crags that would be prime?
Read more : epic Vancouver day trips | Views : 3783 | Replies : 0

Best Canadian Scrambles, Hikes, and Climbs

I'm looking at a trip that would include southern British Columbia and the national parks into Alberta.

In particular, there seems to be less clear, easily available information on what are some of the best scrambling peaks in the region.

Suggestions?

Scrambles - Preferably 1 day affairs, but can be more and can include big mileage. Up to Class 4/low Class 5.

Climbs - Up to 5.9/low 5.10

Hikes - Best of the best (backpacks, ...
Read more : Best Canadian Scrambles, Hikes, and Climbs | Views : 10986 | Replies : 8

2013 Denali Climbers Thread

Hey all,
Any 2013 Denali climbers out there? My soon-to-be wife and I are heading up to Denali May 24 - June 16 for an independent attempt on the West Buttress. We’re excited about the social aspect of the route with lots of likeminded folks enjoying a challenging climb. I’ve done numerous Cascade volcanos multiple times and some of my favorite trips are up the trade routes (eg DC on Rainier) because of the social ...
Read more : 2013 Denali Climbers Thread | Views : 13335 | Replies : 18

"Punter's guide to climbing Denali"

Anyone know where the article "Punter's guide to climbing Denali" went? I'm doing my homework for a trip sometime in a year or two.

Woodie
Read more : "Punter's guide to climbing Denali" | Views : 5811 | Replies : 4

Ice climbing partner wanted (Vancouver/south west BC)

Hey guys, the Plans & Partners section is still completely useless so I'm posting here:

I'm keen to get back onto some ice before the season ends but am in need of a partner! I'm located in Vancouver, so looking to climb in south west BC (Squamish, Pemberton, Chilliwack area etc.). I have all gear and can drive (Jeep with offroad/snow tires and chains should get us anywhere). Limited to weekends, but can take a ...
Read more : Ice climbing partner wanted (Vancouver/south west BC) | Views : 4483 | Replies : 2

And I thought I was cold!

I thought I was cold this week with morning temps sitting around -31C (-23F), for once I'm glad I'm in the East!

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/s ... topstories
Read more : And I thought I was cold! | Views : 5344 | Replies : 9

Alaska Trip Ideas

The wife and I are planning a couple week trip to the Anchorage area next July/August (2013). We are planning on doing a 4-5 day backpacking trip around Denali and any suggestions for some loops in the park would be great. We are also looking for some day, or even over-night hikes in the Anchorage area to fill in the rest of the days between a bit of kayaking and sightseeing. We are generally looking ...
Read more : Alaska Trip Ideas | Views : 6286 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558021 • Total topics 55844 • Total members 136595