It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2024 2:25 pm

News News of Gear

Site map of Gear » Forum : Gear

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.

Western Mountaineering Flash XR jacket

It's not a puffy, if that's what you mean. It's slightly loftier than a Patagonia Down Sweater.
Read more : Western Mountaineering Flash XR jacket | Views : 6041 | Replies : 8

FS: PATAGONIA Down Jacket Men's Medium Blue with Tags

Asking $150 or BEST OFFER (FREE Shipping with in USA)

Contact me at olaf2046@tmo.blackberry.net if interested.

Thanks.

DESCRIPTION:
Worn a few times but still in EXCELLENT condition. Comes with all tags and patagonia stuff sack from a clean smoke, pet and child free home.

In BOX Ready To Ship!

Read more : FS: PATAGONIA Down Jacket Men's Medium Blue with Tags | Views : 1449 | Replies : 0

Thermarest vs. Concrete

On a whim I decided to go up to the top of a mountain here in Virginia to test out my new -15 degree MH Lamina sleeping bag. It was windier than I expected at the top so I decided to set up shop in the summit shelter with its concrete floor. It was probably no colder than 15 degrees but after a little bit I found myself very very cold in the bag.

I ...
Read more : Thermarest vs. Concrete | Views : 2474 | Replies : 11

Self-arrest on technical mountaineering axes

My collection of sharp objects is steadily growing, and now I'm thinking of acquiring an ice axe that is suitable for alpine ice climbing, yet can be used for self-arrest on glacier travel. Models I'm looking at include the Petzl Sum'Tec, Grivel Air Tech Evo and BD Venom.

Do these axes require different picks in order to perform well for ice climbing vs self-arrest?
Read more : Self-arrest on technical mountaineering axes | Views : 18604 | Replies : 19

F/S: Lots of gear, most of it never used.

All this gear has been seating in my wife`s wardrobe for too long, most of it bought and never used.

1 pair of Black Diamond dry tool gloves 2005 version. Size: Extra small (Never Used) $35 SOLD

1 pair of Outdoor Research Dry Ice shell gloves. Size:Men`s Small (Used) $10 SOLD

1 pair of Outdoor Research Alibi gloves. Size: Men`s Medium (Used only a couple of times) $20 SOLD

1 Outdoor Research Gorilla Windstopper Balaclava. ...
Read more : F/S: Lots of gear, most of it never used. | Views : 3912 | Replies : 14

FS: Sleeping Bag, Bivy, Fleece and Puffy

Everything is SOLD! Thank You!

Major closet purge to make room for new gear. Please support my SAC addiction!

Any questions or picture requests email jrcrabtree (AT) gmail (DOT) com

First person who buys two or more items gets a free black barely used mountain hardwear windstopper hat (the fleecy one).

For Sale:

Prices include shipping to lower 48.

Big Agnes Nugget 45deg Primaloft Sleeping Bag $70
waterproof/breathable pertex cover. Sleeping pad sleeve. Pillow pocket. ...
Read more : FS: Sleeping Bag, Bivy, Fleece and Puffy | Views : 6508 | Replies : 14

Question about a CF card

Is that 8Gb card compatible with Konika-Minolta Maxxum 5D Question :?:

http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/me ... flash-card

If SanDisk Ultra II CompactFlash 8GB is compatible with Konika-Minolta Maxxum (Dynax) 5D. Is SanDisk Ultra CompactFlash 8GB compatible as well :?:

We've already bought it and I'd like to know before opening the case
Read more : Question about a CF card | Views : 1230 | Replies : 5

Mountain Technology ice axes

Hi, everybody!

Recently I bought an old Mountain Technology ice axe. Unfortunately, the seller was unable to tell me anything at all about it. Could anyone send me the specs, intended use, virtues and weaknesses, etc. of this tool? By the way, does anyone know if MT is still in business?

This is what it looks like:

The pick has three holes and is technically bent, with sharp teeth and a rather wide adze with ...
Read more : Mountain Technology ice axes | Views : 16543 | Replies : 3

Atomic Tour Guide for ski mountaneering?

Any experience with Atomic Tour Guide skis?
I am thinking to buy a used pair of these and pair them up with the Silvretta 500 bindings and use the Spantik as boots.
I would use this set up to approach alpine routes, and I should add that I am a beginner skier.
Suggestions?
Read more : Atomic Tour Guide for ski mountaneering? | Views : 2636 | Replies : 5

First Ascent......

Hey guys, been awhile since I've been on, hope the holidays were good to you all. Just wondered if anyone has any of the new First Ascent stuff from Eddie Bauer? Got the downlight sweater as a Christmas gift and have gotten some good use out of it around town at least with the frigid temps here in KS as of late. Spent a good deal of time outside in it and very impressed so ...
Read more : First Ascent...... | Views : 1896 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558076 • Total topics 55846 • Total members 136698