It is currently Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:26 am

News News of Colorado

Site map of Colorado » Forum : Colorado

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.

Speed glider rescued atop Quandary

Crap. Here's something else I'll have to try.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14080679
Read more : Speed glider rescued atop Quandary | Views : 1394 | Replies : 5

Gold Camp Road Conditions? Looking for Snowshoeing Spot

Has anybody been up Gold Camp Road lately? I'm looking for a place close to town to go snowshoeing.

Thanks
Read more : Gold Camp Road Conditions? Looking for Snowshoeing Spot | Views : 1053 | Replies : 3

New Outdoor Meetup Group

Hello Everyone!

There is a new outdoor meetup group that just started called the Colorado Springs Outdoor Explorers! I realize this should be posted in the PnP section (which it is also) but I figured this is region specific. The group focuses on bringing like minded people together in the the sports of hiking, backpacking, exploring, mountaineering, etc. This is a great place to find partners for the outdoors as well as these great forums. ...
Read more : New Outdoor Meetup Group | Views : 1179 | Replies : 1

How is the skiing?

Hi, I am thinking of going skiing in Colorado in January. How is the snow this year? I have seen from reports that generally snow bases are low and its quite cold but is it that bad?

I am am going with a few non skiers among us skiers so I was considering the main resorts. Any reccomendations in regards to conditions? (I have been to the most common, Vail, Beaver Creek, Keystone and Breckenridge) ...
Read more : How is the skiing? | Views : 6174 | Replies : 13

skiing mount masive

does anyone know about or has done a safe (avalanche free) winter ski route up mount massive, just touring, i'm not too thrilled about getting turns in the backcountry right now, feels like the whole colorado snow pack is a burial waiting to happen
Read more : skiing mount masive | Views : 2456 | Replies : 4

Anyone w/experience of Kelso or Dead Dog this time of year

Are the doable/safe? Any suggestions/advice are welcome
Thanks
Read more : Anyone w/experience of Kelso or Dead Dog this time of year | Views : 3198 | Replies : 10

Atlantic Pk West Ridge

I know its snowing right now, but me an a partner were planning on the West Ridge of Atlantic peak this Sunday. Anyone been up there recently? I would assume until recently the ridge would be pretty dry and wind-scoured. Thanks
Read more : Atlantic Pk West Ridge | Views : 879 | Replies : 0

NE Ridge Mt. Bancroft...This Saturday

Looking for a partner to boogie up the NE ridge of MT Bancroft this saturday.

8miles, lots of 3rd and 4th class scrambling,one 75'rap, a short 5.2 alpine pitch and a long ridge line.... I plan to do this on Saturday if your interested.
Read more : NE Ridge Mt. Bancroft...This Saturday | Views : 861 | Replies : 2

Topo map and guide book: Red Mountain Pass to Silverton

What is a good topo map and guide book to get for backcountry skiing/snowboarding in the area from Red Mountain Pass to Silverton?

I have these areas in mind and like to know approach and descent beta, like where to park, what approach route to take, etc. Not looking for an "epic" run but a couple nice uneventful days out in the San Juan Mountains :D ...
Read more : Topo map and guide book: Red Mountain Pass to Silverton | Views : 2567 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558046 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136634