It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:04 pm

News News of Ethics, Spray, and Slander

Site map of Ethics, Spray, and Slander » Forum : Ethics, Spray, and Slander

Minimally moderated forum for climbing related hearsay, misinformation, and lies.

climbing vs. hiking

I'm looking for some ideas, about hiking, vs climbing. If your going up a mountain, when does a hike become a climb? Are all mountains climbed? or are you only climbing when, you are using your hands, and feet (scrambling)? Or is it climbing only when your using a rope ( class 4, or 5), What about glacier travel?

I would say if a person is scrambling, they are climbing . Just looking for some ...
Read more : climbing vs. hiking | Views : 54682 | Replies : 141

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

For those of us unlucky enuf to live and climb in major metropolitan areas, crowded climbing spots are becoming more and more the norm.

The other day some young climbers asked me what would “you do”.

These climbers went out to Malibux Creek to do some climbing. (sport climbing, short stuff 20 meters max) Arriving at the spot they found another party on the best warm up climb. This party was just starting up. My ...
Read more : WHAT WOULD YOU DO? | Views : 8642 | Replies : 28

Really, why DOES this forum exist?

While I'm sure the best of intentions was considered when creating this forum, it really seems to have degenerated into a bunch of blathering. I'll 'fess up to contributing to that.

But it's looking more like ArCee dot n00b every day, and that's not a compliment. Their community forum was ripe with tangential rip-offs posted by people trying really hard to be clever and cute. It's already the mode d'emploi here and you know what ...
Read more : Really, why DOES this forum exist? | Views : 22216 | Replies : 90

The Subaru Thread

Yes, Lesbarus rule as a climbing car -

:mrgreen:
Read more : The Subaru Thread | Views : 101696 | Replies : 224

Ohio is the best

We have youngstown, lebron James, buckeyes, and a river that caught on fire
Read more : Ohio is the best | Views : 7004 | Replies : 21

California is the Best.

I just returned from a few days of climbing at Tuolumne Meadows.

The Weather was perfect. Nippy mornings, no chance of rain, gentle breezes.

Needed gear. T-shirt, shorts and sunscreen.

Short approaches, fabulous stone and no crowds.

And to quote Mike Waugh, “there is nothing in Colorado, this good”

Late. GK
Read more : California is the Best. | Views : 28874 | Replies : 175

Ethics, Spray, and Slander

I know the new forum's in its infancy, but I've yet to hear any slander. There's only been the usual amount of spray from the usual suspects. And if this was a canyoneering forum, there'd already be 10 pages on bolting ethics. What the hell? Do we have nothing to gripe, piss, moan or brag about?
Read more : Ethics, Spray, and Slander | Views : 9264 | Replies : 20

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557962 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136430