It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:24 pm

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

Lost ski near summit ridge of Pizzo Tresero (Italy)

Hello everybody,
On Monday April 24th, I was climbing with a group of people and a guide, from Ref. Forni to the summit of Pizzo Tresero on skis.
A few meters below the summit ridge, I lost a ski!

There was a thick fog that day, so when my ski went straight down, it quickly disappeared.
According to my guide, it went down the north face in the direction of the Vedretta di Cerena.
Because ...
Read more : Lost ski near summit ridge of Pizzo Tresero (Italy) | Views : 2191 | Replies : 0

Best locations for trekking late May?

I'm looking for trekking suggestions in the Western European time zone or the western hemisphere in the last week of May. I've got a week to figure out where I want to go because I learned last week I'd be able to take a couple of weeks off of work.

I was thinking about Jotunheimen in Norway because of ease of access, relative safety of the country, clean water along with lots of hikeable summits ...
Read more : Best locations for trekking late May? | Views : 4300 | Replies : 4

Balkans circuit hikes & moderate climb recommendations

I'm considering a trip to the Balkans this summer/early fall. I have been to the Julian Alps in Slovenia, so I'm considering the Dinaric Alps this time. Does anyone have any suggestions on circuit hikes (up to 40 miles), moderate climbs or via ferrata routes? Any recommended months? I'm assuming that Aug the most crowded with most of Europe on vacation. I have info on Via Dinarica, but am more of a cram a bunch ...
Read more : Balkans circuit hikes & moderate climb recommendations | Views : 2784 | Replies : 2

Val Darengo Trekking Questions Val Darengo Trekking Questions

I am planning on spending a few days trekking in/around the Val Darengo near Lake Como in late April early May. I have a few questions:

1. Map. I have a Global Map hiking map of Lake Como area but the Val Darengo area is not included. Is there a hiking map by Kompass or others that includes this area?
2. Emergency Contact. I will be carrying a InReach satellite device which of course is ...
Read more : Val Darengo Trekking Questions | Views : 2903 | Replies : 2

Advice for Beginner Traveling the World?

Hey all, I'm young and fit with not a whole lot of experience looking to build experience and get do more outings. I should find a mountaineering club and/or climbing gym, make connections, and start tackling peaks in my area, right? Well, I'm also traveling around the world I'm undertaking alone (for unrelated reasons) and while I'm hardly going to hit the seven summits I want to get the most out of the opportunities this ...
Read more : Advice for Beginner Traveling the World? | Views : 2031 | Replies : 1

Winter hut tour in the Dolomites?

We are interested in doing a 2-3 day winter hiking tour in the Dolomites (snow shoes, no skis), preferably with some overnight stays in huts. Does anybody have good tips for such a tour, taking into account huts and avalanche dangers? I found that many of the huts are private and don't have winter rooms ..

Any information is very welcome!
Read more : Winter hut tour in the Dolomites? | Views : 4471 | Replies : 2

Mont Blanc for beginners

Hello, I'm looking for advice on how to climb Mont Blanc as a total beginner. I do not have the money to pay for a guided trip, nor am I able to spend weeks practicing climbing other peaks in the surrounding mountains. I understand that the summit can be done in about a week, which is what I would be looking for. I do not have any experience of climbing mountains of this height, but ...
Read more : Mont Blanc for beginners | Views : 12662 | Replies : 11

Winter Mixed and Ice Climbing - Tatra Mountains (Poland) Winter Mixed and Ice Climbing - Tatra Mountains (Poland)

Winter Mixed and Ice Climbing - Tatra Mountains (Poland + Slovakia)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d16s507W618

Enjoy and please subscribe to my channel if you like it.
Read more : Winter Mixed and Ice Climbing - Tatra Mountains (Poland) | Views : 3020 | Replies : 0

North Cairngorms, Scotland North Cairngorms, Scotland

I wanted to share my video with you guys:

Winter Mountaineering in North Cairngorms, Scotland.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ILZlMqD1d0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ILZlMqD1d0

Wish I could go there more often.

Please subscribe to my channel if you like it.
Read more : North Cairngorms, Scotland | Views : 2354 | Replies : 0

Julian Alps in April

Hi all,

My climbing team is planning a trip to the eastern Alps between the 1st and 15th of April, this year. We're looking for a moderate, alpine route(s) that would be in condition. I know couloirs are probably out, but classic face/ridge climbs in the PD/PD+/AD range would be great, especially if the climbs involve glacier travel and the potential for a high camp.

I've already taken a look at Großglockner and Triglav but ...
Read more : Julian Alps in April | Views : 3856 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557951 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136415