It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:18 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

The North Face Himalayan Suit need for weekend (Los Angeles)

Hello,

I was hoping someone reading this in the Southern California/Los Angeles region might be able to help me out with obtaining a Himalayan Suit to rent for a weekend as part of a student film I'm directing. I'm in a bit of dire straights as no costume rental houses here have anything this specific.

As a student project I can afford $150 dollars for the weekend of use and do the pick up and ...
Read more : The North Face Himalayan Suit need for weekend (Los Angeles) | Views : 2345 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Gear

Mount Hood, OR

Hey guys, I am planning to climb Mount Hood in mid Aug. 2010. Do I really need a guide? or is a easy route to follow? I have my GPS always, and use it well.
what you guys think about the climb at that time of the year?

Also, the same week I want to climb Boundary Peak in Nevada, but planning to sleep on top if weather permits. This is going to be my ...
Read more : Mount Hood, OR | Views : 3858 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General

Small sized Camera

The time has come for a new camera, as mine just died. For the past few years I've been using a Canon PowerShot S400, a pathetic 4 mega pixel small camera. I liked that it was small enough to clip to my harness and take with me climbing or anywhere else. Photos were fine, but colors a bit unrealistic and landscape shots lacked detail. So, I'm for recommendations for an affordable small sized camera to ...
Read more : Small sized Camera | Views : 5836 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Gear

Team Forced to Leave Blinded Climber on Everest descent

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 88979.html

From the brief description, sounds like his mates did all they could. What a vivid contrast of being "bubbly" on the summit and incapacitated a very short time later.
Read more : Team Forced to Leave Blinded Climber on Everest descent | Views : 58311 | Replies : 215 | Forum : News

FS: Marmot CWM -40 sleeping bag

Just got back from Denali and realized I have no use for this sleeping bag anymore since I'm not going back to Denali again and since I live in California where the weather doesn't get very cold.

** Sleeping bag **
This is a -40 Marmot CWM Membrane bag that I purchased a month or two ago from REI (they no longer sell the -40 at this time of year, but REI still sells the ...
Read more : FS: Marmot CWM -40 sleeping bag | Views : 6618 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Gear

Gear for sale: OR Alti Mitts M's

I have OR Alti Mitts, Men's, size large, color red for sale. I originally bought them for my Everest North Col expedition, I brought them with me but never ended up using them since the weather was cooperative and it wasn't cold enough.

They are brand new, but with no tags. I will part with them for $120 shipped anywhere in the states. PM me if you're interested. I also posted them on geartrade, but ...
Read more : Gear for sale: OR Alti Mitts M's | Views : 1557 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gear

GPS - from toy to tool

Hello All -

Wanted to post my experience using a GPS with digital maps in the USA and last summer in Iceland.

My "out of the box" Garmin 60csx was a useful toy in that it showed that there was a highway some 50 miles away and that my truck was in that direction in relation to my present position. Against a beige background. Interesting, but not very helpful.

I then purchased the mapsource set ...
Read more : GPS - from toy to tool | Views : 1632 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Technique and Training

inflatible pad is slippy

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem....?

When I use my inflatable pad, I inevitably wake up the next morning curled up on the bottom 1/4 of the pad. I find I sleep in a cat like fetal position, because my sleeping bag slides downhill on my slippery surface of the inflatable pad. Or in the middle of the night, I find my sleeping bag is moving all over the place.

My sleeping bad ...
Read more : inflatible pad is slippy | Views : 5193 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Gear

Heckmair-Line for Salewa 75

Just for tranlation purposes, their trying to climb Eiger-Nordwand; obviously with the original equipment of Andy Heckmair from Germany, Eiger-Pioneer....

Guys, I do not know if they actually trying to do this, but if they do so they should make their last wills....sad though! anyhow i think it's marketing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxZ3-Hu5C8c
Read more : Heckmair-Line for Salewa 75 | Views : 1072 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gear

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557954 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136420