It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 12:56 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

Helmet-Mounted Video Cameras

Anyone used one when climbing or sking? I´d be grateful of a few pointers.
Read more : Helmet-Mounted Video Cameras | Views : 6131 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General

Where are the twist leashes???

Ok, I've spent the last two seasons climbing with a twist leash for my tools. I've used different tools and climbed everything from hard mixed to alpine in them and I've found them to be the most efficient system (Twight was right). HOWEVER, I can't find them ANYWHERE! I know BD use to have one, but I can't even find an old set anywhere. I've been using self made twist leashes and I'm ok with ...
Read more : Where are the twist leashes??? | Views : 2041 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Gear

Another Knot Question?

What knot to use when joining cords together so you can rap down a few pitches?

How do you get past the knot? gulp :?

I am Knot a "Big Wally" sort of guy. The few times I have needed to do this, we used double fisherman knots, my partner left the ends long enuf to make two looped steps. When you got to the knot, you ...
Read more : Another Knot Question? | Views : 11928 | Replies : 20 | Forum : Technique and Training

FS: New Mamutt softshell pants / La Sportiva Lhotse Boots

New w/tags Mammut Pala Climbing Pants Womens Size 40 (8-10) Grafite new $120, sell for $60.00
http://www.mammut.ch/mammut/katalog.asp ... d=5&dart=3

New in Box: La Sportiva Lhotse GTX 43.5 $420 new, sell $250.00
http://www.sportiva.com/products/prod/236

Email me at clientcare@Livinginswflorida.com
Read more : FS: New Mamutt softshell pants / La Sportiva Lhotse Boots | Views : 1665 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Gear

Climbing Solo

I’m doing my first solo climb on mount Dana this weekend the route is all ice now. Have done other solo climbs but this seems a bit more real to me. Any suggestions?

In theory it seems quite simple, I have been up three times with my partner. However, as many times before I do a climb I start thinking about all the scary stuff. :shock:
Read more : Climbing Solo | Views : 31569 | Replies : 103 | Forum : General

Soleus contraction

It's been from more than two weeks ago. I have sóleos contraction, even the left one hurts sometimes. The right is better, it's not a problem. It was produced after having riding in my mountain bike for near 40 Km. I've taken it two time after that so sóleos haven't recovered. I'm not taking a muscular laxative because they make me to sleep less hours and when I get up I'm very sleepy. Yesterday I ...
Read more : Soleus contraction | Views : 9093 | Replies : 24 | Forum : Mountain Medicine & Rescue

Joe Simpson

Have read Touching the Void and I am now reading The Beckoning Silence. Both are outstanding books in my opinion. But it is the later book that has convinced me of this author's talent. The guy can write... far better than Jon Krakauer's stuff.

Are Joe Simpson's other books as good?
Read more : Joe Simpson | Views : 5308 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General

Iñaki Ochoa de Olza died this morning

Iñaki died this morning after having fought for his life during several days at Camp4 at Anapurna.. Ohh, how bad, I am really very, very sorry...

Rest in Piece, Iñaki.

My condolences to his family and many friends, and to the montain comunity.

We have all lost one of the best climbers in Spain, and above all, a great man.

Read more : Iñaki Ochoa de Olza died this morning | Views : 19813 | Replies : 31 | Forum : News

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136499