It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:45 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Ok, I'm going to admit

that I've never seen anything like this happen on a climb.

Anyone seen this yet? Dear lord.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucFrnA9QySY&feature=related
Read more : Ok, I'm going to admit | Views : 1501 | Replies : 10

K2 books reviewed on NPR August 18

NPR has a very interesting review of three recent K2 books today .It's about to be replayed now.
Read more : K2 books reviewed on NPR August 18 | Views : 1782 | Replies : 5

The "NUMBERS" gig....

After reading some recent threads and hearing many very recent trail/camp discussions while on my latest BC trips, this "NUMBERS/TICK LIST" game seems to be a prevailing deal.

My Head Doc (for my PTSD) and I shared about this exact same deal a couple of weeks ago.

He is of the opinion (apparently it is a hot topic in the world of psycho therapy these days) that many in our society, sadly revolve around accumulating ...
Read more : The "NUMBERS" gig.... | Views : 8302 | Replies : 70

Lightning Strike Times???

I'm not sure if this information is even available, but does anyone know of a source that displays the time of lightning strikes?

I know of reports that say where lightning is most active throughout the world so I'm thinking that there is a way of tracking lightning strikes. Or is this just a generalization made using the frequency of thunderstorm activity?
Read more : Lightning Strike Times??? | Views : 3097 | Replies : 7

Earthquakes....

So, I'd never been in one until a couple weeks ago in the Tetons. Was recouping from a painful little climb and e-mailing a few friends when that little Jackson library - some of you know the place I'm talking about, especially if, like me, you're too poor to own a laptop - suddenly felt like someone picked it up and shook it.

Having no frame of reference, I just looked around in a confused ...
Read more : Earthquakes.... | Views : 4279 | Replies : 33

Patchwork sunburns

I thought I'ld share my patchwork sunburn with the forum and see who else has had some prize sun tan/burns from climbing/hiking. We did Katahdin Saturday and even though I wore sunscreen I have some weird tan patterns now. I couldn't reach my back so my arms and shoulders are tanned but back shoulders burnt. Apparently I didn't put sunscreen on the backs of my hands and they are burnt, also my ears. I managed ...
Read more : Patchwork sunburns | Views : 480 | Replies : 0

Know anything about Aluminum 7075?

Does anyone know anything about Aluminum 7075? I know that climbing hardwear is generally made out of the stuff, but how hard is it to weld? is it better to cast it? How much does the stuff cost? where can you get it? ect.......
Read more : Know anything about Aluminum 7075? | Views : 4598 | Replies : 10

Food tips

One of my main recurring problems seems to be that I tend to lose my appetite at higher elevations, and it is a downward spiral from there-I don't eat the food I end up packing and I don't even want to look at it, let alone put it in my mouth, or I end up force feeding myself and turning my hiking experiences into a less than enjoyable event. I don't eat, I lose energy, ...
Read more : Food tips | Views : 10644 | Replies : 48

Jeff Lowe

New climbing movie for Jeff Lowe coming next year, here is the trailer.
http://jefflowemovie.com/index.php?opti ... 4&Itemid=3
Read more : Jeff Lowe | Views : 1037 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558041 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136628