It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 pm

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

The AAC is asking for your feedback

Please visit Inclined, the AAC's blog, and add your forward looking, creative and proactive comments. The AAC is looking for feedback on improving its relevance to climbers:

http://inclined.americanalpineclub.org/ ... your-help/

Cheers!
Read more : The AAC is asking for your feedback | Views : 944 | Replies : 0

"Attitude sickness" on Denali

You have GOT to be fekking kidding me! :evil:

http://www.adn.com/2010/05/19/1286141/a ... enali.html

(Elves, I posted this in General since it has potential repercussion for the broader climbing community, IMO. Feel free to move to AK/CAN if you disagree.)
Read more : "Attitude sickness" on Denali | Views : 7144 | Replies : 46

Vaccinations + Diamox

Two weeks ago I headed out to a vaccination clinic to pick up all my vaccines for Tanzania for my Kili/Kenya trip this summer. Picked up the essential: Yellow fever, hep A, malaria pill perscription etc. but it's bugging me as the nurse is absolutely adament about perscribing Diamox as she tries to sell it off as a be-all-end-all wonder drug to cure whatever ails you. At the time of my vaccinations she didn't have ...
Read more : Vaccinations + Diamox | Views : 2024 | Replies : 9

LIVESTRONG Grassroots Fundraising

Hey all. My name is Craig and I have started a donation program with the Lance Armstrong Foundation that I call Hiking for the Cure. Each time I head up to bag some new ADK High Peaks or out to get some of the NE 4000ers, I will collect pledges for the fight against cancer. As I have done with my grandmother, I'm sure many of you have known someone who has battled this terrible ...
Read more : LIVESTRONG Grassroots Fundraising | Views : 801 | Replies : 3

Quick question re:hiking Coyote Buttes, Vermillion Cliffs

I was thinking of taking my mom to this area this weekend to hike. She is pretty fit for almost 60 years of age but she doesn't like to scramble - talus is hard on her knees, scree on any steep areas is out of the question because I'm concerned about her safety. Does the trek to The Wave have any of this along the way? I read it's about 2.5 miles but just wanted ...
Read more : Quick question re:hiking Coyote Buttes, Vermillion Cliffs | Views : 1868 | Replies : 4

Asgard Project Teaser

This clip is worth a couple minutes of your time:

https://www.posingproductions.com/video ... deo_id=172
Read more : Asgard Project Teaser | Views : 1764 | Replies : 4

Beekeeping

Certainly.
Read more : Beekeeping | Views : 1318 | Replies : 6

Teenage Climbers Looking For Sponsors

I'm an adult leader with Venture Crew 491, a high adventure branch of the Boy Scouts of America, and we have about 15 boys and girls between the ages of 14-20 that are involved in this outdoor recreation group. We have been canyoneering in Zion National Park, rock climbing and snow-shoeing in Yosemite, climbed Mt. Whitney, and more. The kids learn invaluable mountaineering and leadership skills, self-reliance and teamwork, and loads of self-confidence through these ...
Read more : Teenage Climbers Looking For Sponsors | Views : 6896 | Replies : 45

Wilderness Engrish...

Has anyone seen these sites:

www.hikercentral,com/parks
www.trailsgalore,com

They seem to be composed entirely of Engrish. Moreover, they are an absolute riot to read yet have absolutely no useful information whatsoever.
Read more : Wilderness Engrish... | Views : 3286 | Replies : 15

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557956 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136423