It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:53 pm

News News of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Site map of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean » Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.

Which backpack for climbing the Mexican Volcanos?

I posted this question in the General section as well. I'm looking for advice on how to manage the load. From the airport to base camp, I'll have a lot of stuff for a 2 week trip, including: tent, sleeping pad, cookset and stove, fuel extra clothes etc. that I really don't want to carry to the summit.
What backpack did you use on your trip? Did you take a separate, smaller summit pack?
What ...
Read more : Which backpack for climbing the Mexican Volcanos? | Views : 4617 | Replies : 10

Water at Casa Piedra?

What about on Ixta? How close can you get to your base camp by road where a 4 wheel drive can get you? Close enough to bring a couple of 5 gallon jugs of water?
Read more : Water at Casa Piedra? | Views : 1806 | Replies : 2

Your opinion needed: What to bring to climb the volcanos

I'm going to be climbing the volcanos- Nevado de Toluca, Ixta, and Orizaba this December. I'm having my obsessive-compulsive gear dilemma: what to bring?
Should I bring a rope and harness? (If protection is needed, would I do best with pickets or ice screws?)
Would you rope up at all?
Avy stuff (shovel probe beacon)?
Water filter or tablets?
I usually bring way too much, even in the Cascades where I am familiar with the ...
Read more : Your opinion needed: What to bring to climb the volcanos | Views : 2482 | Replies : 4

Ridge of light

I don't know how helpful is this, but here is the hint: comparing Secor's description of the normal route (Arista del Sol) with the actual conditions last March I have found out, that the glacier has SUBSTANTIALLY decreased. I believe this is also true for the route that you have chosen.
Read more : Ridge of light | Views : 1439 | Replies : 0

Re: Need boots

pearson wrote:This is really stupid. I am at a hotel in Albuquerque on my way to Puebla to climb Izta and Pico. I just realized I left my boots at home which is 2 hours away. I'm climbing Izta on Thursday AM and Pico on Saturday AM. I think I can get by with my low top climbing shoes on Izta because we'll probably just go to the stomach and stop. (i.e. we'll stay off the ...
Read more : Re: Need boots | Views : 1648 | Replies : 1

Finding partners after showing up?

I was thinking about just booking a ticket and flyling down to Mexico in the beginning of January to climb the volcanos . I don't have anybody to climb with yet.
How hard do you think it would be to find a ride to the volcano and join up with another group while down there? I'd rather not climb alone. Do you think climbers would be open to taking on an extra partner? How hard ...
Read more : Finding partners after showing up? | Views : 2330 | Replies : 1

Four days in Mexico?

What are the best places to go in Mexico for 4 days (e.g. over Thanksgiving in particular) for hiking/peak bagging?

To avoid hassles with the airlines, I don't want to take technical gear, so something 4th class or less and snow-free is ideal. An area where we could dayhike a different peak each day would be perfect.

We're thinking of Guadalajara (e.g. Nevado de Colima, Parícutin, Tancítaro, and a day around Lake Chapala), but those ...
Read more : Four days in Mexico? | Views : 4858 | Replies : 4

??????? ??? ??????????? ??? ???????????

?????? ?????? hentai 3.gp. ????????? ? ????????, ??????? ?? ????????? ??????? ??????? - ????? ? ?????? ???????? ?? ???? ?????? ?????.

??, ????-?? ?????-???????,???????,?????-???? ??????? ??????????.?????? ????,?????-?? ???????????, ?? ???????-??? ?????? ????????,??? ???????.? ??????? ????????? ? ?????? ????? ???????, ??? ??? ????(??.

3 ? ????? ivanafukalot ifolder ??????? ???????????? ???????? ??????????? ?????., ???????? ???????????, ?? ????? ??????????,

??? ??? ???? ???????? ???????? ???????????... ??????????? ???? brook burke ?? ?????? ???-?? ??????... ???????????? ...
Read more : ??????? ??? ??????????? ??? ??????????? | Views : 1858 | Replies : 2

Orizaba in Mid January?

Mid January is normally a good time to go to Orizaba. It seems to get icier later into February. I did it last February. I have a trip report on SP if it might help you to get an idea what Orizaba is like.

Woodie
Read more : Orizaba in Mid January? | Views : 4638 | Replies : 14

partner in Guadalajara

anybody going to be around and want to go rock climbing?
Read more : partner in Guadalajara | Views : 1343 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557956 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136429