It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:27 pm

News News of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Site map of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean » Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.

Anyone in Mexico June 29 - July 30?

Hi all,

I am going to be arriving in Puerto Vallarta on June 29 and in Mexico City a week after that. I will be climbing a couple easy mountains (La Malinche, and one more) prior to attempting Pico de Orizaba in mid July. I'm traveling solo (from Canada) and just looking to see if there will be anyone else in the area during this time who would like to climb 1 (or more) of ...
Read more : Anyone in Mexico June 29 - July 30? | Views : 5119 | Replies : 0

Border legalities

A question for anyone who would know the answer. I am hoping to climb Tacaná, which is the second highest volcano in Guatemala (and in Central America) this weekend. The volcano is right on the border of Guatemala (San Marcos department) and Mexico (Chiapas state). I would like to climb from Guatemala and descend into Mexico to get a nice round trip (since I don't have a car and there's busses everywhere in this part ...
Read more : Border legalities | Views : 6017 | Replies : 6

Topo maps of Baja - Mexico

As usual, hard to find in ocal stores. I'm looking for official topo maps of Baja in Mexico.

I know they do exist, and that some people are lucky enough to get them I just cannot find where.

By any chance do you have one? or know were I can get it?

Best regards.
Read more : Topo maps of Baja - Mexico | Views : 20341 | Replies : 7

Rainier, Baker, or Shuksan as prep for Mexican Volcanoes

Hi,

I'd like to do a glacier climb in the Northwest, partly as preparation for the Mexican Volcanoes later in the year, and I'm trying to decide whether to do Rainier ($1200), or save money and do baker or shuksan instead ($750). The climb will be in late may. I know that Rainier is higher and more technical, but if baker or shuksan can provide a sufficient preparation, then I prefer to save the money ...
Read more : Rainier, Baker, or Shuksan as prep for Mexican Volcanoes | Views : 16665 | Replies : 8

El Salvador Climbers: Wanted

My wife and I are headed there in a month and are looking for some local climbers to show us the way...Any takers?
Matt
Absinthe52@hotmail.com
Read more : El Salvador Climbers: Wanted | Views : 4536 | Replies : 3

Things to climb in Costa Rica and Nicaragua??? Things to climb in Costa Rica and Nicaragua???

Does anybody know of any interesting climbs (technical/non-technical) in Costa Rica? How about in Nicaragua?
Volcanoes, cliffs, crags anything???
Read more : Things to climb in Costa Rica and Nicaragua??? | Views : 6084 | Replies : 6

Orizaba in the wet season

I am new to high altitude adventure and I am curious what it would be like to climb this mountain in June. Do I need to be cautious about storms and lightning? Any advice would be grateful.

Alex
Read more : Orizaba in the wet season | Views : 5477 | Replies : 2

Orizaba Trip

Hey folks, I’m looking to tag along on an Orizaba/Iztaccihuatl trip in late December or early 2011. I’m a 55 year old San Diego professional in excellent shape (avid runner). I have actually climbed Orizaba and Popocatepetl twice previously in the late 70’s early 80’s and do the sierras annually. I am fully equipped, comfortable in Mexico and speak pretty decent Spanish.

Anyone need an extra?

Let me know!

Blair
Read more : Orizaba Trip | Views : 4520 | Replies : 0

Cancun to Tlachachuca? Halp!

I could use some help with travel logistics in Mexico....

My intent is to climb Orizaba (with acclimatization hikes up Malinche and one or two others) with three friends. Unfortunately however, I'm working with a limited budget. They are all flying direct from NYC to MEX to the tune of $600 which is out of my current budget. However, I have an ace in the hole.... a free flight to Cancun in the form of ...
Read more : Cancun to Tlachachuca? Halp! | Views : 4565 | Replies : 2

Orizaba 2010/11 Who's Going?

Hey Everyone,
I'm heading back to Citlaltepetl January 2011 and was curious who else was going? Always nice to meet fellow SPers on the mountain. Im doing a new acclimation program this time around that involves essentially climbing it from Tlachichuca rather than taking a 4-wheel up to the refugio. Anyone on here done it in this method? Let's hear your plans!

Cheers,
Luke
Read more : Orizaba 2010/11 Who's Going? | Views : 6302 | Replies : 11

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557954 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136420