It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:47 pm

News News of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Site map of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR) » Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.

Current conditions on Mt Adams?

Hey Everybody,

Climbing Adams this Sunday - has anyone been up this week?

Wondering about general conditions and what shape the glissade chutes have been in.

And is the smoke bad up that way?

Thanks!!
Read more : Current conditions on Mt Adams? | Views : 4745 | Replies : 4

I can't breath...

Can someone spell "air quality" ? "S-m-o-k-e".
what's happening where you are. We were up on the Ragged Ridge Traverse last week from the Easy Pass Trail. View went from forever to can't see across the valley. Any reports from Liberty Bell or I guess anywhere? Smoke moved in Tuesday. quite a change overnight.
Read more : I can't breath... | Views : 2884 | Replies : 0

Helmet or No Helmet On Rainier

Hey all,

We will be climbing Rainier via Disappointment Cleaver next weekend. Absurdly warm weather apparently. I am advocating for helmets but a friend is saying no helmets as "no-one wears them on Rainier". What are the forums thoughts?
Read more : Helmet or No Helmet On Rainier | Views : 16919 | Replies : 18

Bulgers peaks in winter

Hi PNW climbers,
Unfortunately my climbing season will be cut short this year due to an extended trip and I'll be returning back home in December.
I'm starting to think about what peaks from the buglers list are doable in the winter?
Besides training this winter I'd love to be able to bag some peaks in the list with out taking an inordinate amount of risk.
Does anyone have any recommendations?
N
Read more : Bulgers peaks in winter | Views : 6776 | Replies : 5

Is Hood Doable in August?

I've searched websites and forums for info on what Hood is like now in July and what it might be like in August.

Reason is I will be in the vicinity in mid August and wouldn't mind climbing Hood again. I know it's not generally recommended then because of rockfall, but I'm wondering if conditions this year might have made that different. Thanks!
Read more : Is Hood Doable in August? | Views : 10826 | Replies : 15

Castle Route (C.E. Rusk) Mt. Adams

Have been researching routes on Mt. Adams. Have looked on Cascade Climber
and this site both and come up empty on Trip Reports of repeat climbs of Rusk's
Original Route on the Castle described in his book Tales of a Western Mountaineer.
Anyone out their completed the route in the last ten years? Did I miss a report on
either site? Hundreds of reports on the Southern (Lunch Counter) Route, North
Ridge, Mazama Glacier, and ...
Read more : Castle Route (C.E. Rusk) Mt. Adams | Views : 12362 | Replies : 10

Mt Baker

Three of us aimed for Mt. Herman from the middle parking lot near the Bagley Lake trail. Got off route to summit, but close and we'll know next time. The road is now plowed all the way to Artist Point, but a lot of snow still up there. I thought some one had posted Mt Herman but I am not finding it? Anyway, numerous skiers and many tracks coming off Table Mountain into the ...
Read more : Mt Baker | Views : 3087 | Replies : 0

Ski's and Boots found on Mt McLoughlin, OR

I found a pair of ski's and boots about 750' from the summit in some trees. I brought them down with me after asking everyone on the summit and trail to no avail. I can't tell how long they were there but possibly a week or more. I will hold on to them until the owner finds them.

Give me a call, Tom 541-380-1580
Read more : Ski's and Boots found on Mt McLoughlin, OR | Views : 2505 | Replies : 0

Insulated boots needed for Mt Adams in late Sept?

Hello, first time climber here. Mt Adams seemed like a good starter (even if grueling) as it was "non technical". Since we are just starting to gear up, we are trying to keep upfront costs down.

Are insulated boots needed for a Mt Adams climb in late Sept?

Thanks!
Read more : Insulated boots needed for Mt Adams in late Sept? | Views : 2969 | Replies : 1

2 day suggestions

Will be on Mt Baker 8/18-20. I have the 21 and 22 to explore. Thought about going to Goat Rocks. Any other ideas for places to go explore?
Read more : 2 day suggestions | Views : 5108 | Replies : 8

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557954 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136420