It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:22 pm

News News of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Site map of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR) » Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.

best day hikes outside Seattle

Hi all,
I'll be in Seattle for one night, two days at the beginning of this week. I'd love to do a couple of day hikes, if possible. Suggestions?

Thanks!!
Tigerlilly

(good pub suggestions?!)
Read more : best day hikes outside Seattle | Views : 4594 | Replies : 6

Mount Hood Current Conditions Page

A while back, I added the Mount Hood Current Conditions Page as a Custom Object. I notice a lot of people asking about current conditions on routes (usually South Side) in threads and I myself wonder about it every time I climb. I put together the page to provide links/resources to help and also have a section to be used for people to add their information/observations from their climbs so people know what current conditions ...
Read more : Mount Hood Current Conditions Page | Views : 2055 | Replies : 4

Timberline Trail

Going up to the Timberline Trail this weekend on Mt. Hood. Anyone been up there lately. Looking for beta on trail, water crossings and access.
Read more : Timberline Trail | Views : 1576 | Replies : 2

Need a Partner for Mt. Hood Southside/Hogsback: Day Summit

Coming to Portland to visit a friend, but backed out hiking up Southside/Hogsback. Anytime between July 21-24. Was curious if anyone would be interested in hiking up with me for a DAY summit?? First time to Portland and would really appreciate making this dream come true. thanks.
Read more : Need a Partner for Mt. Hood Southside/Hogsback: Day Summit | Views : 2227 | Replies : 10

New Page Owner For Buckner Mountain Page

After asking politely for changes to be made to the Buckner Mountain SP page, the original page owner allowed me to adopt the page from him and take care of it. The original page was mainly focused on the North Face approach for the mountain, and the main page nearly mirrored the North Face route page. Unfortunately, some information on the original page was incorrect and/or outdated, and a lot of resourceful/useful information was missing. ...
Read more : New Page Owner For Buckner Mountain Page | Views : 880 | Replies : 0

LOST: Sleeping bag near Smith Rock

Camped under the stars on Smith Rock road and left my REI Kilo Plus sleeping bag AND a Patagonia down Parka on the side of the road. No idea how it happened. Has anyone picked this up? 7754275565. Help!
Read more : LOST: Sleeping bag near Smith Rock | Views : 919 | Replies : 2

Mount McLoughlin

Heading up to that area at the end of this week. Can anyone give me condition update and suggestions. I am looking for a little hike, hopefully with some crampon/axe use.
Read more : Mount McLoughlin | Views : 1808 | Replies : 3

North Cascades Conditions?

Hi all,
I will be spending a week in the North Cascades area, hoping to climb Baker's NR or Colman HW, Forbidden and Shuksan. I would appreciate info about the following:

1 - Are the Baker routes in good shape?
2 - How has the recent heat wave affected the snow/ice routes?
3 - What are the conditions on shuksan's NF?

Thanks in advace,

Farzin
Read more : North Cascades Conditions? | Views : 2462 | Replies : 3

Climbing Partner for Kautz or Liberty Ridge July 9th-19th

Looking for a solid partner to tag the good stuff with.

I would be psyched to join another party as well. I travel fast, can set up a mechanical advantage system burly enough to haul Oprah out of hell and cook like a champ to boost!
Send a PM, por favor.

(see, I even speak a little Spanish! A better partner doesn't exist, I'm sure of it!)
Read more : Climbing Partner for Kautz or Liberty Ridge July 9th-19th | Views : 1929 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557993 • Total topics 55842 • Total members 136511