It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 11:42 pm

News News of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Site map of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR) » Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.

Any Good Mt. Hood references out there?

Can anyone suggest a good book which offers climbing routes etc. for the mountain?
Thanks
Read more : Any Good Mt. Hood references out there? | Views : 2500 | Replies : 5

Gorge Scrambles?

Anyone know of some good 3rd or 4th class routes in the columbia gorge? Some alternate routes on Table or Hamilton perhaps?
Read more : Gorge Scrambles? | Views : 8153 | Replies : 9

Backcountry bureaucracy

There's an interesting article in the Seattle PI about the sad state of bureaucracy that has invaded the Cascades backcountry.

My friend's party had a pass for five people to go in and camp in the Enchantments for five days. An overworked lawyer, he had to hike in late and meet the rest of the group.

Being a good citizen, he stopped at the Leavenworth Ranger Station to pick up a day pass so that ...
Read more : Backcountry bureaucracy | Views : 3735 | Replies : 16

New List for Washington State Lookouts

I just compiled a comprehensive list of all the remaining Fire Lookouts for Washington State. The list contains 85 lookouts. Many of the peaks where these lookouts are located are not yet on Summitpost. Take look at the link below. I'm open to comments / suggestions.

http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... _id=564151
Read more : New List for Washington State Lookouts | Views : 2772 | Replies : 1

the bible

2nd ed.
Read more : the bible | Views : 1344 | Replies : 0

Weather

I realy want to go to Washington and Oregon state next summer(last of june and first of july). My family and I enjoy hiking, camping and we may even try summer skiing. But I hear that it rains alot in that region... Is it worth to fly all the way from the east coast at that time of the year? Could it rain 14 days in a row? Should we concider going later in July ...
Read more : Weather | Views : 4798 | Replies : 17

Mt Adams in May

Hello all, just wondering if anyone has input on Mt Adams, WA routes. I plan to take my mother(47) for possibly her last big hike. Im lookin for a route that is not to technical. She has went up Mt Hood (south side route) with me in pretty inclimate weather. as well as Mt st helens. Im lookin for any route other than the South Spur.
any advice is greatly appreciated
-Brandon
Read more : Mt Adams in May | Views : 6092 | Replies : 8

guiding on rainier

I'm 17. I know I am not nearly experenced enough to be a guide for rmi or aai, but in my future I would like to get a job with them.
my question is what are the qualifications? WFR? 18? knowing people?
Read more : guiding on rainier | Views : 6229 | Replies : 18

How to Stay Warm Seminar - PDX: 10/13, SEA: 10/14

Mountain Hardwear is headed into fall with a great seminar that will prep you to dress for hiking and climbing success: the Gore-Tex Comfort Zone Seminar.

The seminar will cover how to regulate your heat loss through proper dress, and the Guaranteed to Keep you Dry Program.

Participants also receive a special gift with purchase offer: get 1 WindStopper Micro Dome with a purchase of $100 or more (see full details at link below)

Plus, ...
Read more : How to Stay Warm Seminar - PDX: 10/13, SEA: 10/14 | Views : 1714 | Replies : 0

Where to go to not get shot (OR, WA)

So I wasted the last stretch of good weather doing my deck and going to soccer games, but it's looking decent next week, only it's hunting season. So any thoughts on best places to go and not get shot at (yeah, I'll wear orange). Was thinking along the lines of Goat Rocks, Barrett Spur on Hood, maybe just a gorge hike. Thoughts?
Read more : Where to go to not get shot (OR, WA) | Views : 1526 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136499