It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:26 pm

News News of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Site map of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR) » Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.

Mt Olympus in the Winter?

Does anyone know of a winter ascent of Mt Olympus. The guidebooks say there are no known ascents. I would think someone would have done it already.
Read more : Mt Olympus in the Winter? | Views : 2666 | Replies : 2

Bushwacking Ratings

Hey PNWers,

I remember some time ago that there was a bushwacking rating system discussed, either in an article or forum thread (I do remember it degenerating into a bunch of jokes regarding the Aid rating). Does anyone remember where this is?
Read more : Bushwacking Ratings | Views : 1721 | Replies : 4

Guides on Rainier

Does anybody have any guide recommendations? Has anyone ever climbed Rainier with Alpine Ascents. I would like to go with them if they are highly recommended since they leave out of Seattle. I have family in Seattle so this would save me the cost of a hotel and rental car. Let me know! Thanks!
Read more : Guides on Rainier | Views : 7271 | Replies : 25

Weather this weekend?

Anyone see a decent spot in the Cascades/North Cascades this weekend weatherwise? Been searching around and was planning on Glacier Peak but that looks like 70-80% chance of showers low/snow high (Darrington area). Lake Chelan area maybe??
Looks crappy in the North Cascades, Olympics, Oregon Cascades, etc. Just wondering if anyone found a spot where the forecast looks favorable.

(Always have a backup plan.......................I really need to get one of these!)
Read more : Weather this weekend? | Views : 6540 | Replies : 26

What's New in the NorthWest

Other regional fora have a What's New thread, but I couldn't find one for the Pacific Northwest. So I decided to start one.

I'll go first:

At long last, my trip report is complete.
Read more : What's New in the NorthWest | Views : 5496 | Replies : 16

Mt.Hood and South Sister questions

My friends and I are going to try and climb South Sister in August. We arent mountaineers, and we are accostomed to day hikes, although we are all in pretty decent shape.
1)Whats the quickest route up to the summit, where you start the highest?
2) For people of our fitness (as stated above), what kind of travel time are we talking to the summit and back?

We decided it would be a good idea ...
Read more : Mt.Hood and South Sister questions | Views : 14826 | Replies : 37

Am I really going to get to the mountains more often?

I have this OK, but not fabulous offer for a similar job in the same industry at a similar size company. The main draw of the new job is the location - SW of Seattle (vs. northern CT.) I'd lose a lot of security by moving but I'm considering it with the assumption I could climb a lot more, but I'm not sure I could? (Northern CT sounds sad but I'm actually 2 hrs from ...
Read more : Am I really going to get to the mountains more often? | Views : 9120 | Replies : 39

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557954 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136420