It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:35 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

I won a Rainier Climb with MH and AAI this September!

Hey all,

I'm so excited that I just had to tell all my fellow SP'ers that I've been chosen as a Mountain Hardwear Elevated Rewards sweepstakes winner! I'm going to be climbing Mt Rainier this September with MH and Alpine Ascents International! I've still got to fill out all the paperwork and get in contact with AAI, but I've been wanting to climb this beauty since getting into mountaineering and I'm going to get my ...
Read more : I won a Rainier Climb with MH and AAI this September! | Views : 3635 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Five Ten Galileo in size 13

anyone know of good deals on big rock shoes? especially the Galileos? I can't afford to shell out $140 bucks right now.
Read more : Five Ten Galileo in size 13 | Views : 1121 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Gear

Achilles Tendon Tear

In early December, I sustained a complete tear of my right achilles tendon. I was warming up for climbing at JT by running up a boulder a few feet and jumping back down, something I've done frequently. On one of the attempts I bounded up from the ground and planted my foot at such an angle as to put too much force on my foot. I heard a snap that sounded like a tree branch ...
Read more : Achilles Tendon Tear | Views : 14482 | Replies : 24 | Forum : Technique and Training

Consumnes River Gorge Guidebook

What's the one to get? I gather there are several climbing guides but haven't found any at local shops so may be reduced to ordering something sight unseen.
Read more : Consumnes River Gorge Guidebook | Views : 2204 | Replies : 6 | Forum : California

For Sale on Ebay

Don't know if anyone is looking or interested but I've put my size regular sized mountain hardwear ghost up for sale and my mountain hardwear stiletto 1 up for sale. It will be under wannabeabushpilot.
Read more : For Sale on Ebay | Views : 544 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gear

Your Mountain Mentality ?

in one of my psychology courses a debate came up that people who willing engage in risky behaviors that could result in death are mentally unhealthy and suffer from some kind of childhood trauma.being stimulated by danger is also a symptom of individuals who score high on the p.t.s.i test.....after listening to my professor and some students discuss this it made me think of the mountains......i feel like all of us who really spend time ...
Read more : Your Mountain Mentality ? | Views : 13208 | Replies : 49 | Forum : General

Translating Mountain Grades - Problem

I have written a new book titled 'Mountaineering In Antarctica'. It is around 200 pages long with over a hundred (I think??) colour photos and new maps for each chapter. It is being translated into French right now, and will come out in English, French, German and maybe some other language, later in 2010. No, this is not an ad.

The French translator (not actually the publisher) is trying to change all the grades to ...
Read more : Translating Mountain Grades - Problem | Views : 2905 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General

what 14,000er in co is closet to denver airport?

I am going to be in denver for work for a few days, but dont have that much time travel. What is the closet 14,000er in relation to denver.

And how technical?
I would prefer just an easy/moderate hike as opposed to something more serious.
I will be in there in at the end of March. Thanks.
Read more : what 14,000er in co is closet to denver airport? | Views : 7441 | Replies : 22 | Forum : Colorado

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557981 • Total topics 55840 • Total members 136489