It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:59 pm

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

Bets rucksack for neck problem??

Hi

Could anybody out there give me advice on choosing a rucksack. The problem is I cannot take any weight on my shoulders since I had a C5-C6 disc replacement in my neck. I am looking for a 35L rucksack that I can wear all day long. Does anybody have a similar problem and has found a suitable rucksack? Or does anyone have any suggestions for a comfortable rucksack on the shoulders (the less weight ...
Read more : Bets rucksack for neck problem?? | Views : 611 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Europe

Expedition Muztagh Ata

I have a question.
In August 2009 would Filip Blommaert and I climb Muztagh Ata in China. Everything was aranged for the trip until last week ... Blommie has got a mission for August at work and can not go with. My question: are there people interested to go on an expedition. The Muztagh Ata is the easiest 7000m. The summit is at 7546m. It is just walking, not climbing. And the most attractive is ...
Read more : Expedition Muztagh Ata | Views : 2838 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Asia

Vihren Hut, Pirin Mountains, Bulgaria

I'm planning on staying at the Vihren Hut in the Pirin Mountains next week. I can't find much info on the web on the hut other than it is quite big. Anybody know whether it is open year round, where they provide food or have a kitchen to use, and roughly what the costs are like? Difficult to know what to pack for the trip, thanks.
Read more : Vihren Hut, Pirin Mountains, Bulgaria | Views : 3228 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Europe

Aconcagua summit 11.1.2009

Hello,
Was somebody on the top of Aconcagua between more less 9.1. and 12.1.2009, preferably on 11.1.2009?
Regards,
Darek
Read more : Aconcagua summit 11.1.2009 | Views : 910 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

Punta Zumstein

Has anyone out there got advice on climbing the Zumstein in the Alps? I ask because I am new to mountaineering, and have read that this is an easy introduction to high altitude. I cannot find any information regarding the best places to stay, what maps I need, the approach etc.. I'm probably just being lazy, but if anyone could give me this advice it will save me a lot of searching.

Thanks for your ...
Read more : Punta Zumstein | Views : 2087 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Europe

[Mallorca] Water in Serra de Tramuntana

Hello everybody!
Maybe someone of you has recently been there so could answer me. I would like to do Torrent de Pareis about the next weekend. This is a season river. Maybe you know wheter it is dry enough already to go through it? If not a whole canyon (we wanted to get from Sa Calobra to Escorca) what part of the path will be possible to get?
Best regards,
Jan
Read more : [Mallorca] Water in Serra de Tramuntana | Views : 824 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Looking to Climb/Snowshoe

Hi all, I posted on the Plans&Partners section, but I heard this is a much better place to find partners.

I'm currently living in Freiburg im Bresigau, DE, and I'm looking for challenging climbing and snowshoeing opportunities in Germany, Switzerland or perhaps Austria. I come from the Pacific Northwest of the United States and have experience climbing there, but everything here is a little bit different from back home. I'm looking for
1) Anyone going ...
Read more : Looking to Climb/Snowshoe | Views : 621 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

HELP OPEN ACCESS TO MT. WILLIAMSON YEAR ROUND!

Need all the help I can muster ASAP from ALL SP members.

Been working diligently on this for the past two weeks. I have gotten the NPS, USFS and CAF&G Biologists and many others that have been involved with this issue for a long time, blessings on this and they all say it's time to open it up. They have told me that they have mentioned it within the inter-agencies in the past 3-4 ...
Read more : HELP OPEN ACCESS TO MT. WILLIAMSON YEAR ROUND! | Views : 16919 | Replies : 71 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558045 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136634