It is currently Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:15 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

mera and island peak with amphu labtsa pass

Hi guys n girls. looking at doing this trip in a few months,does anyone have any experience of the Amphu labtsa pass? if so whats it like? is it very technical and difficult or just ardurous and long? any help with this would be great, cheers jerry :D
Read more : mera and island peak with amphu labtsa pass | Views : 12476 | Replies : 22 | Forum : Asia

Munich area

Look up Zugspitze. It might be too much though... .
Read more : Munich area | Views : 1716 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Europe

Mobile phone Ok in Muztagh ata

A new transmitting tower was founded at Subash just 10km away from BC. There is no any problem using mobile at BC and higher camps.
You may change a sim card in Kashgar. The fee is around one-tenth of satellite phone.
Last year there was a tower by Karakul Lake, the message transmitting was not stable.

More quesions, ask me.
Email: climb7546@yahoo.com.cn

kbc ...
Read more : Mobile phone Ok in Muztagh ata | Views : 989 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Asia

Summitpost Bulk Uploader bug/feature request thread

Hi all,
Yesterday I released the Summitpost Bulk Uploader, a tool that I created over the last few weeks. It allows you to bulk upload photos to Summitpost. It's intended for Trip Report, Mountain, Route and Area page creators who have to upload several pictures.

Here is a screen shot, clicking on it takes you to a larger version:

I've tested it on Windows XP and Vista. I'd like to make a Mac ...
Read more : Summitpost Bulk Uploader bug/feature request thread | Views : 47641 | Replies : 75 | Forum : Site Feedback

Work as a tour guide in Queenstown

Hi All

I'm looking to hire a vehicle based tour guide to work out of Queenstown (NZ) for my Australian based company. Which has been operating on both the North and South Island for a number of years.
To be considered suitable you must say yes to all of the below points.
Have a good driving record with an endorsement
Have experience as a tour guide or have work experience in the tourism industry
A ...
Read more : Work as a tour guide in Queenstown | Views : 1815 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Oceania and Pacific Islands

Pickets in Huaraz?

Has anyone had experience buying pickets in Huaraz? I'm thinking about lightening the load I'm bringing down, especially since many will be left for raps anyway. Also: how much do they cost and how reliable are they (i.e. quality...would you trust them)?
Read more : Pickets in Huaraz? | Views : 2750 | Replies : 9 | Forum : South America

Aconcagua: Any outfits use Hotel Refugio as base camp?

I am thinking of climbing/trekking Aconcagua via the normal route in Jan/Feb next year. After researching some of the larger outfits i.e. Inka, I came across the Hotel Refugio and the idea of being able to sleep in a bed and shower periodically is appealing. I know that there are shower facilities at the base camp at Plaza de Mulas - but I am specifically looking for outfits which use Hotel Refugio as a base ...
Read more : Aconcagua: Any outfits use Hotel Refugio as base camp? | Views : 1610 | Replies : 4 | Forum : South America

Zugspitze info

Can't really find a decent map of the route to take. Two seem rather obvious though. Yet, I could be mistaken.

Original map can be found here: http://dreams.world.coocan.jp/photo/znif/germany/zugspitze/t_Zugspitze_German_Alps_eng.jpg
Read more : Zugspitze info | Views : 6701 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Europe

Shivling - Gangotri

Anyone know anything about Shivling and the climbing it offers? Routes, contacts, etc. or if anyone is keen PM me.

There's no entry on SP and not much info on google. It's a very striking mountain in India, near the Gangotri Glacier.
Read more : Shivling - Gangotri | Views : 1328 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Asia

Elbrus winter ascent

I read on this forum once a suggestion to climb Elbrus in winter to prepare for an Everest climb. That intrigued me, because I've never read about any winter ascents being done on Elbrus, but that could possibly be because there are so many people climbing it each year that it's common for at least a few people to attempt it during winter.

However, Elbrus is supposed to be a cold mountain with volatile weather. ...
Read more : Elbrus winter ascent | Views : 5573 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Europe

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558046 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136634