It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:49 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

Picking my next Mountain Challenge

Hi I am looking to pick my next mountain and was wondering if anyone could give advice based on the parameters below.

I've summited Hood and Shasta and have done some ice climbing and anchors courses for rock. I've also done some short guided training to help understand snow and glacier conditions etc. I have went with more experienced people and guides in the past and now am looking to develop some more personal competence ...
Read more : Picking my next Mountain Challenge | Views : 2771 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General

Whitehorse Peak

Any current route information on climbing Whitehorse Peak this year? Thanks.
Read more : Whitehorse Peak | Views : 1378 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Yosemite Mist Trail

Yosemite’s Mist Trail is getting a $5M improvement. Construction work is scheduled for 2025-2026.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2023-05-22/yosemite-national-park-mist-trail-upgrade-donation
Read more : Yosemite Mist Trail | Views : 1330 | Replies : 3 | Forum : California

Soldier Cap Owyhee Mountains

I want to adopt the Soldier Cap page in the Owyhee Mountains, Hey elves, are you there?

Thanks,
User - reboyles
Read more : Soldier Cap Owyhee Mountains | Views : 1241 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Page Adoption Forum

Looking for climbing partner, Cordillera Blanca 2023

Looking for a climbing partner for Cordillera Blanca any time between 15th July and 18th August 2023. Key aims are Alpamayo and Artesonraju, but will adapt based on conditions and any partners aims. Must be an experienced alpine climber.
Read more : Looking for climbing partner, Cordillera Blanca 2023 | Views : 3460 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

JMT Bridge Destroyed

It has been reported that the bridge carrying the JMT over the South Fork of the San Joaquin River (below Evolution Valley) has been destroyed by either snow loading or avalanche. As the snow pack melts undoubtedly other bridges will be discovered to be either damaged or destroyed or swept away by flood waters. Fording of major streams will be perilous well into the summer. All in all it will be a challenging year for ...
Read more : JMT Bridge Destroyed | Views : 5118 | Replies : 11 | Forum : California

Technical climbs on 6000m peaks in Ladakh, India : July 2023

Dear climbers,
I am planning to make some technical climbs in the Indian Himalaya in Ladakh.
The project has two peaks around 6500m with technical skills.
I have been there 4 times in the past and I have approached the peaks and I know the area very well
The best period is July.
For further info please contact with me nkroup at gmail
Nikolas
Read more : Technical climbs on 6000m peaks in Ladakh, India : July 2023 | Views : 3971 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Asia

Shasta Climbing/Skiing Partner

Looking for someone to climb and ski Shasta via Avalanche Gulch with. The preferable dates would be between April 21st and May 1st, and the plan was to do a long one day trip. A little bit about me: I'm 18 and got into ski mountaineering a few years ago. I'm an expert skier who can handle anything, and have a decent bit of experience mountaineering and using ice axes/crampons. I'm confident in my physical ...
Read more : Shasta Climbing/Skiing Partner | Views : 3493 | Replies : 1 | Forum : US - California

GOUT & Mountaineering

Hi all - I am wondering if anyone has had Gout and continued with mountaineering & alpine Ice/Climbing. I was diagnosed with Gout almost 4 weeks ago and could barely walk. I am now up to walking 3 miles in good shoes with minimal pain (granted no, 40 + pound pack at altitude). Next week will be my first hike with a small pack again.

I have a day climb with 4-5,000 feet elevation gain ...
Read more : GOUT & Mountaineering | Views : 3076 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Technique and Training

Recreation.gov

There was an interesting article in the Wall Street Journal today (April 6) about Recreation.gov. If you ever wondered why Recreation.gov endlessly sends out emails encouraging you to reserve a permit, even permits that are unavailable, the WSJ article will provide the answer.
Read more : Recreation.gov | Views : 1944 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557951 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136411