It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 4:52 am

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

14ers with Dogs

Which 14ers are the best for dogs? I've taken mine on a few and he's loved them all.
Read more : 14ers with Dogs | Views : 2647 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Colorado

Best peak near Lompoc/Vandenberg to view rocket launch?

I don't know the Lompoc/Vandenberg area. I would love to go up and hike a nearby peak to view a rocket launch. Which peak is best?

If it's high, but far away, that might not be good. Are there any decent peaks near Vandenberg to view rocket launches?

TIA.
Read more : Best peak near Lompoc/Vandenberg to view rocket launch? | Views : 7531 | Replies : 5 | Forum : California

Humphreys Basin in winter?

Doe anybody know if on an average snow year in mid-late november you can drive to the paiute pass trailhead and hike to humphreys basin? What about an above average snow year? Thanks!
Read more : Humphreys Basin in winter? | Views : 4370 | Replies : 3 | Forum : California

Sierra Mountain Peaks

Help. I wonder if someone could please help me identify and name the peaks in my panorama of the Eastern Sierra?
I would be very grateful, since I've searched and searched and I am not certain I have found the correct names for the peaks.
I have attached 2 panoramas

Thanks
Read more : Sierra Mountain Peaks | Views : 3135 | Replies : 1 | Forum : California

seeking public assistance in locating missing hiker

The Summit County Rescue Group seeks any information that may help us find missing hiker Ken May. Ken left the Willowbrook trailhead on the morning of October 7th with the intention of summiting Silverthorne Mountain. His last known point was on the ridge between Silverthorne Mountain and the Thorne, where he took a photo. His GPS tracking device then shows him descending the ridgeline toward Salmon and Willow Lakes. Mr. May is 5' 6", 130 ...
Read more : seeking public assistance in locating missing hiker | Views : 2012 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Colorado

Half a day in Denver, what should I hike or climb?

I'm spending a couple of days in Denver (DIA) and will have half or 3/4 of a day to get out for a bit. I'm in decent but not great shape, but coming from altitude, so no need to acclimate to the elevation. Basically anything that would take ~7 hours roundtrip from Denver.

I'm looking for something to climb/hike, ideally 3rd or 4th class or very, very easy 5th. My initial thought was one of ...
Read more : Half a day in Denver, what should I hike or climb? | Views : 3062 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Colorado

Lost Phone

Hi all,

I had a friend who was injured on Sept 5 while coming down from a ridge between Mount Price and Smith Lake up in Desolation Wilderness and had to get medivac'ed.

In the process he lost his phone... reasonably close to here on Maps: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mt+Pr ... 20.1743549

If anyone happens to find it, he'd love to get it back.
Thanks!
Read more : Lost Phone | Views : 1583 | Replies : 0 | Forum : California

Creek Fire

Pulled into Ottoway Lake Sunday afternoon Aug 23 under relatively clear skies. Set up camp with a planned hike to the summit of Red Peak the next morning. Around midnight I noticed lightning flashes on the horizon. By 2 am we were in the middle of a serious lightning and rain storm. Arising the next morning visibility was poor and there was a strong smell of smoke in the air. Due to the unusually warm ...
Read more : Creek Fire | Views : 1530 | Replies : 0 | Forum : California

Mountaineering Course

Hi everyone. I have hiked Mount Whitney and now I have made it a goal to hike all the California 14ers. I have never done mountaineering before and would really like to take a mountaineering course from a local group in the Sierra Nevadas.

I have researched a few groups that do courses but I wanted to hear who everyone would recommend. Who do you recommend and why? Thanks in advance.
Read more : Mountaineering Course | Views : 3743 | Replies : 4 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558003 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136531