It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:52 pm

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Depot Creek Depot Creek

Has anyone been lately? I have traveled up there several times years ago, last time was probably a decade ago, not sure. I'm wondering if it still feels safe from legal entanglements crossing the border. There is no legal way to make the crossing into the US. But it is so remote and so heavily wooded that I never had any concerns back then, I found it impossible to imagine enforcement agents sitting for days ...
Read more : Depot Creek | Views : 1004 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

New Site For Denali Climbers

Howdy SummitPosters!

I'm Todd Rutledge, co-owner and Director of Mountain Trip, a mountain guiding service that, among other things, has helped climbers in the Alaska Range and on Denali for many decades. We recently launched a new website that is an attempt to help prepare climbers for an attempt on North America's tallest peak. It is hopefully NOT an overt sales tool, but... if you're considering a guide we do know people!

https://summitdenali.com/

My goal ...
Read more : New Site For Denali Climbers | Views : 4585 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Canada and Alaska

Middle Pal Route

Secor left or Red Rocks to the right? If I'm reading everything right, both routes merge above the gendarme, so I guess I'm just looking for a starting point. But I've seen people swear both directions are better than the other --- also, people rate both sides as 3rd and 4th --- wonky. Can anyone clarify for me? I'll be up there this weekend. Thanks!
Read more : Middle Pal Route | Views : 3315 | Replies : 3 | Forum : California

Prusik Peak info

Finally got a permit for core Enchantments...amazing... I was in there after graduating from High School in 1971...no permits then. So, we want to climb Prusik Peak, west ridge, but I don't want to lug in more gear than I have to. What is the shortest rope for raps... or pitches we can take and make it work ?
Thanks
Norman
Read more : Prusik Peak info | Views : 2929 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Backpacking and Wildlife

Hello all, I’m new to the forum and fairly new to backpacking in general. I was told this was one of the better forums for backpacking insight. This will be my second year coming out to CO and I’ll be coming out in early fall. Last year, I primarily backpacked in the Crested Butte area. This year I’ll be primarily be in the area bounded pretty much between Glenwood Springs, Vail, Aspen and Breckenridge. Last ...
Read more : Backpacking and Wildlife | Views : 1264 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Colorado

Recent beta on Borah Peak

Looking for recent conditions on above? Via COR?
Read more : Recent beta on Borah Peak | Views : 3621 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Does CO have an equivalent to Green Trails maps?

Having Green Trails maps really spoiled me during the nearly twenty years I spent in the Seattle area. Moving to CO in the fall and I'm hoping there is an equivalent excellent brand of map. I like the NatGeo maps, but honestly there's something very comforting about paper (note: I am an old). Any suggestions? Thx.
Read more : Does CO have an equivalent to Green Trails maps? | Views : 2560 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Colorado

Glacier Notch Difficulty/Feasibility Glacier Notch Difficulty/Feasibility

Hello!

I am leaving to hike the southern half of the Sierra High Route this upcoming weekend and I have added a few summit attempt additions on the way. I'd like to get from the top of Mt. Sill to the Palisade Glacier over Glacier Notch (GN), but I'm not seeing much information about navigating through GN. I'm trying to limit my climbs to class 3 and lower, so if (as I might have read ...
Read more : Glacier Notch Difficulty/Feasibility | Views : 2409 | Replies : 1 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557949 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136408