It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 2:38 pm

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Stuart Lake TH access

Is it accessable right now? I am planning a trip next week or the week after to do Colchuck and/or Dragontail. I was hoping to see if one can get up there.

Also, does anyone have any experience doing both Dragontail and Colchuck from the Colchuck glacier route in one shot? What should I expect if I want to do both?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Read more : Stuart Lake TH access | Views : 5716 | Replies : 18 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Lost J Tree pass - would they replace it with a receipt?

The freakin' card fell in a crack in between the dashboard and the windshield of the car and there is no way to get it out. Do you think I could get a replacement if I showed my credit card statement? I happened to remember the day I bought it...

What do you think? It's 80 freakin' dollars!!
Read more : Lost J Tree pass - would they replace it with a receipt? | Views : 974 | Replies : 6 | Forum : California

Road to Glacier Lodge - Big Pine Creek

Can anyone tell me if the road is clear and open all the way to the trailhead of Big Pine creek? Or, if there is an online resource to check the status? THANKS
Read more : Road to Glacier Lodge - Big Pine Creek | Views : 2528 | Replies : 10 | Forum : California

Ontario Peak, Ollestad Canyon

In the last week, some SoCal locals (me included) completed two long snow climbs on an obscure drainage on the northwest side of Ontario Peak (near Mt. Baldy). We were inspired by reading Crazy for the Storm about a plane crash in that drainage. The author, Norman Ollestad, was the sole survivor. The drainage is between Cherry Canyon and Kerkhoff Canyon. Since I could find no name for the drainage, I've tentatively called it Ollestad ...
Read more : Ontario Peak, Ollestad Canyon | Views : 4403 | Replies : 1 | Forum : California

Ruth Gorge

My climbing partner for my trip to the ruth can't go anymore. My trip dates are May 14-23. If anyone is seriously interested send me a PM and I can share more details. I figure this may be a chance to meet a new climbing partner.
Read more : Ruth Gorge | Views : 1681 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Canada and Alaska

Baldy Avy danger

Hey guys,

I havn't been in town for about 2 weeks and so havn't seen how conditions have been but how does avy danger fro baldy look for next saturday or sunday. For that matter, how are conditions for baldy right now? Looking to go up in the snow, so how does that look?

-CS
Read more : Baldy Avy danger | Views : 1150 | Replies : 3 | Forum : California

Where to eat on 395 in Lone Pine or Independence

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for good food anywhere in or around these two towns. Coming in tomorrow afternoon and it sure would be nice to get a good meal in before heading out. Pizza factory is completely out of the question.
Read more : Where to eat on 395 in Lone Pine or Independence | Views : 14073 | Replies : 23 | Forum : California

For the intrepid Texan...

I was sifting through a bunch of my stuff from when I lived in Texas and found some old pics from Seminole Canyon and Devils River. I think both would be good additions to SP if y'all make the trip out there...
Read more : For the intrepid Texan... | Views : 825 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

San Diego --> Lee Vining ice carpoo: this Friday night 3

Need to ice climb. I'm working 12 hour days and need to carpool/share the driving to Lee Vining this Friday night from San Diego? We could meet along the I-15/I-210. I'm hoping to leave SD by ~ 8PM this Friday March 19th.

--Miguel
Read more : San Diego --> Lee Vining ice carpoo: this Friday night 3 | Views : 2222 | Replies : 10 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558004 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136531