Eastern Sierra fall leaves after the snowstorm

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
David Senesac

Eastern Sierra fall leaves after the snowstorm

by David Senesac » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:54 pm

Worked fall leaves in the Eastern Sierra during and after the considerable snowstorm in the Sierra on October 10 then days following. Added this feature story to my website. Given DSLR popularity, not many of us still lugging about view cameras in those areas though results can still be worth it. Includes eight 4x5 images plus a dozen Canon G10 supporting pics. Text provides some insight into my photography strategies for fall leaf work that includes considerable hiking into awkward to navigate through sagebrush and riparian areas that sometimes require a few of the same balance and moves we use bouldering.

http://www.davidsenesac.com/_a-z_evad/Backpacking/MonoFall/monofall_2013.html

Seven of the 4x5 images are also within the bottom 6 rows on my Gallery_B subpage below, all 21 images of which are from field work this year of 2013.

http://www.davidsenesac.com/Gallery_B/gallery_b.html

The following user would like to thank David Senesac for this post
bearflag, colinr, displacedchzhead, Fredd C Dobbs, mrchad9, Old School WB

thegib

Re: Eastern Sierra fall leaves after the snowstorm

by thegib » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:24 pm

Thanks for the photos. They're well worth perusing. The El Cap shot, to pick just one, is very impressive.

obsidian

Re: Eastern Sierra fall leaves after the snowstorm

by obsidian » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:25 pm

DAVID SENESAC,
Great stuff !!! Thanks for posting.
...By the way, your personal information says that you are 7 years old (clearly this is a typographical error).

Return to California