It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 1:35 am

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Climbing on the Eastside November 20-22

Looking for partners this coming weekend. I lead 5.9, follow 5.10, and am hoping to do some long trad climbs, and have plenty of gear. Didn't really have anything in mind, though some ideas are Pine Creek, Whitney Portal Road, or Red Rock (its further for me, but maybe someone in NV wants to meet there). Dunno just wanting to do some longer routes this weekend and don't have any partners yet. Lemme know if ...
Read more : Climbing on the Eastside November 20-22 | Views : 1117 | Replies : 2 | Forum : California

PACIFIC NORTHWEST SP PAGES AVAILABLE

Greetings SP members in the Pacific Northwest!

SP member Alpendave has expressed his desire to no longer contribute and maintain his current pages at SP. Out of consideration for other member contributions, he asked that I find new owners of the pages rather than just delete them.

If you are interested and taking over any of these pages, just let me know with a PM. Feel free to PM me directly.

ALPENDAVE'S PAGES CAN BE ...
Read more : PACIFIC NORTHWEST SP PAGES AVAILABLE | Views : 2353 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

SP Vail Skiing??

Is anyone up for some resort skiing? Rent a house something like this?

http://www.vrbo.com/211872

split the costs and hopefully shred some pow?
Read more : SP Vail Skiing?? | Views : 10123 | Replies : 33 | Forum : Colorado

Tioga Pass

Does anyone know if Tioga Pass is going to reopen? I notice on the webcam for the entry station it looks like the park service has it plowed out but CalTrans still has it closed at the bottom of the hill.
Read more : Tioga Pass | Views : 2082 | Replies : 2 | Forum : California

Snow around Mystic Lake (Beartooths)

Has anyone been around the Mystic Lake area recently? Looking for information on how much snow has accumulated and if I should pack snowshoes for a hike there this weekend.
Thanks!
Read more : Snow around Mystic Lake (Beartooths) | Views : 2347 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Snow in SoCal

This photo was taken this morning in the San Gabriel Mountains:

Read more : Snow in SoCal | Views : 12750 | Replies : 50 | Forum : California

What to do now?

This year I learned to follow on rock, then I learned glacier travel, then I learned to lead on rock, and I became confident at leading easy stuff in September. All I've wanted to do is get out there and climb something. But the weather has been constantly hindering me- I am not going to drive 2 hours to climb on wet, dangerous rock, and glacier travel is over. I don't know how to ice/winter ...
Read more : What to do now? | Views : 2862 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

competent sports medicine MD - Glendale/Pasadena area?

Any recommendations for a good sports medicine MD within 10 miles of Glendale/Pasadena? I've got Aetna PPO so no Kaiser docs pls. thanks
Read more : competent sports medicine MD - Glendale/Pasadena area? | Views : 969 | Replies : 3 | Forum : California

2010 Mt Washington Ice Festival (17th Annual)

When: Feb 5, 2010 - Feb 7, 2010
Where: North Conway, NH

Come experience the 2010 Mount Washington Valley Ice Festival!
Its a long, fun filled weekend of ice climbing, mountaineering programs and skill clinics for all ability levels. There will also be gear demo programs, celebrity slideshows, and apres-climb parties. This years guest Guides and Instructors are Steve House, Jared Ogden, Mark Synnott, Kevin Mahoney, Janet Bergman and Fred Wilkinson.

For more info: ...

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136499