It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:26 pm

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Need help finding airport near Athabasca

I'd like to fly out and climb Athabasca, and others, this spring. The closest airport is listed as Jasper-Hinton but that doesn't register on any US flight intineraries. What's the nearest major airport? Or can anyone recommend the best way to get there from the Eastern US? Thanks for your help.
Read more : Need help finding airport near Athabasca | Views : 2559 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Canada and Alaska

How is Guadalupe in March?

I've read that spring break can bring a lot of people to this mountain. The weather seems like it would be pretty nice in March, but I don't really want to deal with lots of spring break crowds. Would I be better off going in late February? Exactly how big are these spring break crowds? Also, when is the spring break period in the West Texas area?
Read more : How is Guadalupe in March? | Views : 17416 | Replies : 20 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Id/Mont suggestions

Am considering a trip to above next year, August time frame. Am a highpoint opportunist so wouldn't mind Borah and Granite. From what I've read neither looks to have any overnight trip possibilities. Anybody got any ideas on obtaining info on general areas so I can go digging for specifics? Am experienced, most recent a 6 day 75 mile hike with 2 of my bro's in Sequoia/Kings Canyon; one of whom I will never hike ...
Read more : Id/Mont suggestions | Views : 2972 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Mission Gorge Accident

I was climbing at mission Gorge yesterday and saw someone get airlifted out. It was wierd because I was in the Chimney when I first heard the helicopter and then at the top of a climb when it was circling at my height. I have no idea if it was a climber but I tend to think it was. The firetruck was at the climbers trail and I couldnt see but I'm guessing the heli ...
Read more : Mission Gorge Accident | Views : 3525 | Replies : 8 | Forum : California

Palisades Climbing School August 1931

One more pack of film salvaged by patient, unremunerated toil. This one marked Aug 10, the rainy rest day before climbing Temple Crag.

www.thehighsierra.org
Read more : Palisades Climbing School August 1931 | Views : 2026 | Replies : 7 | Forum : California

Interesting article on Snow Creek to San Jacinto

I just read an interesting magazine article on the North Face of San Jacinto
http://www.palmspringslife.com/Palm-Spr ... p-Beyond/#
Read more : Interesting article on Snow Creek to San Jacinto | Views : 2939 | Replies : 7 | Forum : California

Peak 3925

Does anyone know anything about scrambling routes on Peak 3925 in the Tuttle Creek drainage? I've read Secor's descriptions.
Read more : Peak 3925 | Views : 614 | Replies : 1 | Forum : California

need advice for Dec. climb

I will be in Boulder mid December through NYE. I am looking for ideas of routes/mountains to climb which involve conditions likely to be found on Mt. Shasta or Hood. I am planning a trip out there in the spring and would like some good practice. Currently, looking at Evans, Longs, Grays, and Torreys. Anyone know which mountain/routes are best for winter climbing with crampons and ice axe? Possibly some steeps where tying off is ...
Read more : need advice for Dec. climb | Views : 1540 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Colorado

Hood in late march?

I am planning a trip to Shasta and Hood sometime in the spring. wondering how the "typical" snow/conditions are for late march/early april for a Hogsback ascent. Is it better to wait until later in the spring? I know it all dependson the year, but I need to purchase airplane tix now to avoid high costs later. Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome.
Thanks for your time
Read more : Hood in late march? | Views : 5831 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

shasta in late March

I am planning a trip to Shasta and Hood sometime in the spring. wondering how the "typical" snow/conditions are for late march/early april for a Casaval ascent. Is it better to wait until later in the spring? I know it all dependson the year, but I need to purchase airplane tix now to avoid high costs later. Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome.
Thanks for your time
Read more : shasta in late March | Views : 3265 | Replies : 4 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136498