It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:29 am

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Jones Pass Update

Saw the road was graded today while I was working on the mine.. should be good travels for all who wish to go
Read more : Jones Pass Update | Views : 3309 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Colorado

Dana coulior conditions

Anyone know the conditions?
Read more : Dana coulior conditions | Views : 3036 | Replies : 8 | Forum : California

2009 Colorado List Completions: Advance Notice

I'd like to remind everyone that the deadline to be included in this year's Colorado finisher lists is Oct. 31, 2009.

If you've finished the CO 14ers, 13ers, etc., or any of the CO Hundred milestones (Highest 100, 200, etc.), you can submit your name to the Colorado Mountain Club (CMC) for the record books. The lists for completions submitted in 2009 will be published in the Winter issue of the "Trail and Timberline," the ...
Read more : 2009 Colorado List Completions: Advance Notice | Views : 2529 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Colorado

Middle Palisade conditions

Hi...

Does anyone have any current information on the conditions on Middle Palisade via the NE face? I'm thinking of heading up there next weekend, and I'm wondering:
a) whether it's currently necessary to cross the Middle Pal glacier to get to the route?
b) the glacier conditions -- snow or ice, bergschrund, etc.?

Basically, can I leave the axe and crampons in the car?

Thanks,
Peter
Read more : Middle Palisade conditions | Views : 3350 | Replies : 2 | Forum : California

FOR SALE:NEW 2007 Giant Reign X0 Mountain Bike .....($1,600

Email....Bike_shopsltd@hotmail.com

The Bike Shop Limited is one of the Best Selling Bike Distributor.We are registered Company under licensed number(05344144).We ship via UPS, FedEx, EMS and other shipping company require by our buyer. A mountain bike (often abbreviated MTB or ATB (All Terrain Bicycle)) is a bicycle designed primarily for off road use. Mountain bikes have wide, knobbly tyres for extra traction and shock absorption. Like road bikes mountain bikes were originally constructed from steel but ...
Read more : FOR SALE:NEW 2007 Giant Reign X0 Mountain Bike .....($1,600 | Views : 3662 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Canada and Alaska

Midwest Lowpoints

In response to the Midwest "highpoints" thread and allegations that I hate the Midwest :wink: , I have started this thread. Yes, we have highpoints, but far too many (and in my book, one would be too many) are dull and unimpressive. Heck, the Illinois highpoint was made by Native Americans! What do we have, you ask? Well, we do have Devil's Lake, home to some undeniably ...
Read more : Midwest Lowpoints | Views : 11716 | Replies : 18 | Forum : Midwest (Great Plains, Great Lakes)

4th Annual Bear Valley Boulder Bash

What: Outdoor bouldering competition, gathering and party

When: October 3rd, 2009

Where: Bear Valley, California (Central Sierra Nevada on Highway 4 at 6900ft.)

Cost: $30 (includes lunch, t-shirt & donation to the Access Fund)

Why: Lots of fun plus $1500+ in cash & prize

More info:
http://www.adventuresportsfestival.com/bouldering.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NODyyNmuJ9M
Read more : 4th Annual Bear Valley Boulder Bash | Views : 1161 | Replies : 1 | Forum : California

Weather this weekend?

Anyone see a decent spot in the Cascades/North Cascades this weekend weatherwise? Been searching around and was planning on Glacier Peak but that looks like 70-80% chance of showers low/snow high (Darrington area). Lake Chelan area maybe??
Looks crappy in the North Cascades, Olympics, Oregon Cascades, etc. Just wondering if anyone found a spot where the forecast looks favorable.

(Always have a backup plan.......................I really need to get one of these!)
Read more : Weather this weekend? | Views : 6725 | Replies : 26 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Camping along Hwy 75

Between Ketchum and Stanley is there a lot of free undesignated campsites? Also, how much are designated campsites in this same area?

thanks for any info!
Read more : Camping along Hwy 75 | Views : 4389 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Mount Vetter burned in the Station Fire

Sad news has come out that the Mount Vetter Lookout has burned to the ground.

http://www.anffla.org/node/661

I will dearly miss this little buddha temple in the San Gabriels!
Read more : Mount Vetter burned in the Station Fire | Views : 4160 | Replies : 6 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558083 • Total topics 55846 • Total members 136723