It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:32 am

News News of Regional Boards - Worldwide

Site map of Regional Boards - Worldwide » Forum : Regional Boards - Worldwide

Pozdrav svima

Zelim samo da vas sve pozdravim. Kao ljubitelj planina veoma sam vam svima zahvalan na opisima a prvenstveno na slikama tih nasih planinskih ljepotica. Vama je mozda vec dosadio, ali i ne slutite kako vam zavidim na snijegu!
Read more : Pozdrav svima | Views : 489 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Easter Climbing in the Alps

Hi, I'm considering climbing in the Alps around Easter time. I know this is out of season but is climbing possible and what are the conditions like? Can anybody recommend some suitable peaks? I want to climb something around Alpine grade AD/D. Most of my climbing has been done in Asia so my knowledge of the Alps is relatively poor unfortunately. I'm looking for something with relatively easy access with cheap flight connections (e.g. Zurich). ...
Read more : Easter Climbing in the Alps | Views : 1211 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Where is Aiguille de la Belle Etoile?

Hi,
I'm looking for Aiguille de la Belle Etoile (4354m) in the Mont Blanc group.
Does somebody know where it exactly is, or even on which IGN map it can be found?
Thanks for any help, Herbie
Read more : Where is Aiguille de la Belle Etoile? | Views : 1385 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Europe

Three British climbers die in Spanish Sierra Nevada

Three British climbers have been named who died on Mulhacen due to hypothermia.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4779564.stm
Read more : Three British climbers die in Spanish Sierra Nevada | Views : 3957 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Europe

Gran Paradiso

:o Im heading to Italy in June the 15th, to climb the Gran Paradiso, i have contacted a few hotels in the area, but they say they are closed, anybody know of a cool hotel to stay in Pont - Valsavarenche for a night.

we are headin upto the Refuge Vittorio Emanuele hut the next morning, so we thought a soft bed would be nice on the ...
Read more : Gran Paradiso | Views : 1228 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Europe

Nepal oct/nov06

hi all
I am looking for a climbing partner in Nepal in oct 06. my plan is to attempt trekking peaks that have minimal costs involved. If anyone is interested please let me know.
Cheers
Rob
Read more : Nepal oct/nov06 | Views : 3820 | Replies : 25 | Forum : Asia

MOUNT. RINJANI TREKKING LOMBOK INDONESIA

Rinjani Trekking Info

There over 20 villages surround Mt. Rinjani and there are many routes up the mountain,

but the main access is from Senaru in the north and Sembalun Lawang to the east. The challenging three-day Rinjani Trek route from Senaru to the crater rim (Plawangan), down to the stunning crater lake then on to Sembalun Lawang, is considered one of the best treks in South East Asia. Those heading for the summit usually ...
Read more : MOUNT. RINJANI TREKKING LOMBOK INDONESIA | Views : 959 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Asia

"Accurate" German weather forecasts on line

Anyone know of a fairly accurate German on line weather forecast?

I use http://www.wetterspiegel.de but find they can be way out on temperatures.

I need one to get a view a few days ahead as I've got a bit hooked on winter hiking and would like to do a very short notice trip to Tegernsee later this month, but only if the weather is going to be suitable. Got loads of airmiles burning away in ...
Read more : "Accurate" German weather forecasts on line | Views : 3812 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Europe

Climbing in China and the Chinese Mountaineering Association

Hi there,

I have plans for climbing in China this summer and I am looking to speak with anybody who has had previous experience planning trips and climbing within China (whatever type of climbing) - however, I'm particularly interested to speak with individuals who have had experience climbing in untouched areas establishing new routes.

Also, what is the best way to contact the Chinese Mountaineering Association? I am looking to speak with somebody about obtaining ...
Read more : Climbing in China and the Chinese Mountaineering Association | Views : 13073 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Asia

Aconcagua 2006 Expedition - Team Members Wanted

I'm organizing an expedition to Aconcagua scheduled for December 22, 2006 to January 14, 2007 and for a share of the costs you can become a team member. If you have moderate climbing experience and want more information I encourage you to visit my site at http://www.adventureclimbing.ca

Brad
Read more : Aconcagua 2006 Expedition - Team Members Wanted | Views : 2170 | Replies : 8 | Forum : South America

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557959 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136429