It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:36 am

News News of Regional Boards - Worldwide

Site map of Regional Boards - Worldwide » Forum : Regional Boards - Worldwide

Good 4000er Near Zermatt that's not too difficult

This May I'm going to be in Zermatt for a few days with some friends, and we would like to climb one of the 4000-meter peaks in the area. I've climbed several 14ers (14,000 foot peaks) in Colorado, but don't have much experience climbing in the Alps. It's been awhile since I've done a big winter climb with an ice axe, crampons, etc., so I was hoping to do one of the easier ones. From ...
Read more : Good 4000er Near Zermatt that's not too difficult | Views : 2300 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Europe

to all the ones that have posted photos on Mont Blanc Group

A lot of pics are linked to my M.Blanc group page (438)
On SPv1 we could see, in each section, the 5 best pics ... now I would like, and have started, to gather them in some different albums related to the page and, better, to the sections of the page.
I'm waiting for new albums to be attached with your photos so that I (or directly you) can detach them from the main page ...
Read more : to all the ones that have posted photos on Mont Blanc Group | Views : 724 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

bolivia - Ausungate circuit. June

Anyone in Bolivia during June and able to do the Ausungate circuit. About the second week in June. Takes about 5-6 days.
Read more : bolivia - Ausungate circuit. June | Views : 5897 | Replies : 5 | Forum : South America

Heimgarten to Herzogstandhaus Traverse near Walchensee

Has anyone done this traverse in winter? Is it possible? What is avalanche danger along the grat? Thanks. Brad jason.b.nicholson@us.army.mil
Read more : Heimgarten to Herzogstandhaus Traverse near Walchensee | Views : 398 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Rinjani Trek Info

Rinjani Trekking Info

There over 20 villages surround Mt. Rinjani and there are many routes up the mountain,

but the main access is from Senaru in the north and Sembalun Lawang to the east. The challenging three-day Rinjani Trek route from Senaru to the crater rim (Plawangan), down to the stunning crater lake then on to Sembalun Lawang, is considered one of the best treks in South East Asia. Those heading for the summit usually ...
Read more : Rinjani Trek Info | Views : 1010 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Asia

climbing around Shanghai?

I'll be in Shanghai on a business trip for three months or so, starting around the middle of March. This will be my first real visit to the country, and I have a ton of questions about climbing options during my stay.

I'd expect to have weekends free, plus that national holiday around May 1st or so. What can realistically be done given these constraints from Shanghai, especially for someone who speaks no Mandarin beyond ...
Read more : climbing around Shanghai? | Views : 4066 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Asia

Pakistan climbing this summer

Climbing around Shimshal this summer, approx 1 month, mostly unclimbed peaks between 6000 and 6500m. Grade-wise probably nothing more than an Alpine D. At the moment there's 3 of us, give or take 1. There are also plans for climbing along the Hispar glacier for a further month. If you think you might be interested get in contact.
Read more : Pakistan climbing this summer | Views : 5318 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Asia

The new Alpine 4000er list, open for discussion

The 4000er list has been changed and from a data point of view finalized (just added all the missing summits from the UIAA extended list).

At the border summits I tried to supply the names of the peaks in both languages, at least at the major ones.

Before I finish the page also from the technical point of view, I would like to get some feedback, if people are happy with my selections.

Here my ...
Read more : The new Alpine 4000er list, open for discussion | Views : 2176 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Europe

Partner in Chamonix

Looking for a partner to climb some routes up to AD, in the Mont Blanc Massif in March, if interested drop me a line, Cheers
Read more : Partner in Chamonix | Views : 730 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

New Zealand in late-April?

I'm thinking about visiting New Zealand in late April/early May. I'm worried that this is too late in the fall.

We're not planning any serious climbing, as my wife will be 6 months pregnant. But we are interested in normal hikes.

Any hints on best times/places to visit on the islands?

Thanks,
Morgan
Read more : New Zealand in late-April? | Views : 3534 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Oceania and Pacific Islands

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557959 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136429