It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 12:57 pm

News News of Regional Boards - Worldwide

Site map of Regional Boards - Worldwide » Forum : Regional Boards - Worldwide

Traverse Gestola - Janga-Tau and Janga-Tau/Gestola/Tetnuld f

Hello!

Does anybody know anything about traversing from Gestola to Janga-Tau?

Or has anybody climbed Janga-Tau, Gestola or Tetnuld from Georgia and has route infos?

Regards,
Peter
Read more : Traverse Gestola - Janga-Tau and Janga-Tau/Gestola/Tetnuld f | Views : 1346 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Heinrich Harrer

Unless I missed another post I wanted to state my sadness on the passing of Heinrich Harrer. He passed away January 7th.

I was fortunate to have interviewed and photographed Heinrich several times over the years starting back in 1975. My copy of the White Spider has a wonderful note written in it from Heinrich that I will now treasure even more.

Some resented Heinrich when after many years he revealed that he was a ...
Read more : Heinrich Harrer | Views : 772 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Europe

Heroes of telemark

hi all.
I am a Dublin based climber. Climbing a good few years and i am pretty easy going.
I am trying to put together an ice climbing trip to Norway for the end of February. I have
gone ahead and booked everything in advance (Cabins and rental car) in the hope that I
would find others to come along. So far this is not going good there is only 2 of us.
SO if ...
Read more : Heroes of telemark | Views : 404 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Saludos desde Madrid

Hola a tod@s:
¿Hay alguien que sea de Madrid por ahí? Envidia me dáis los que sois del norte; estuve en el concejo asturiano de Ponga hace poco y quedé maravillado. Hace dos años hice un trekking recorriendo todos los Picos de Europa (a modo de alta ruta) y hace bastantes más uní Potes (Cantabria) con Pedrafita do Cebreiro (Lugo) en un recorrido alucinante por la Cordillera Cantábrica. En fin, que me encanta esta cordillera ...
Read more : Saludos desde Madrid | Views : 559 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Best Winter Traditional Alpine Climb in Germany/Austria/Fran

Looking for suggestions for a trip during the coming weeks. What would a great winter destination be for a traditional alpine climb? Live in Germany and am looking to get out a bit...
Read more : Best Winter Traditional Alpine Climb in Germany/Austria/Fran | Views : 2352 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Europe

Monchsjochhutte without train

Planning a trip to Jungfrau area early march. Will probably take the Jungfraubahn up.

I was wondering if anyone has gone up to the hut without taking the train? Or does anyone have knowledge of access routes, without taking the train, coming from the North side of the range (i.e. Grindelwald).

Any advice/info welcome.

Koen
Read more : Monchsjochhutte without train | Views : 2371 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Europe

Tatra Mountains range aka Tatras

THE FIRST NON-COMMERCIAL, COMPREHENSIVE, ALL-AT-HAND TO ACT GUIDE at:

http://oqdos.com

On this guide Climbers will be able to:

‡ plan how to get to Tatras at low cost,
‡ find out the Tatras' ski touring and climbing potential and the best climbing valleys,
‡ plan a low budget mid-grade climbing trip to a quiet valley,
‡ choose the most aesthetic peaks and famous walls,
‡ select a list of ...
Read more : Tatra Mountains range aka Tatras | Views : 1602 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Europe

A question for the ski mountaineers?

i read Walter Bonatti's 'Mountains of my Life' recently and i found it an inspiring book, i knew he was a great climber but hadn't fully appreciated how bold his actions were, particularly the cosidering his era, and how hardy and mentally strong this guy was.

he mentioned breifly in the book a long xc ski and climbing trip across all the european alps, and i found this in some ways more inspiring.
does anyone ...
Read more : A question for the ski mountaineers? | Views : 2610 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Europe

grouping the Veneto Prealps

I can see some little confusion about grouping this wide range ...
using geographic criteria they should be, from West to East :
<li>Monti Lessini - bordered by the Val Lagarina (Adige river), the Vallorsa and the Val d'Agno
<li>Pasubio - bordered by the Val Lagarina (Adige river), the Val d'Agno and the Val d'Astico
<li>Sette Comuni (Asiago) - bordered by the Val d'Astico, the Valsugana, and the valley of river Brenta
<li>Monte Grappa - ...
Read more : grouping the Veneto Prealps | Views : 1530 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Europe

easy routes around La Meije for March solo trip

are there any suitable? i realise glacier travel alone is to be avoided, and that snow conditions may make it impossible (as i dont ski) but i'd love to do a high level trek and some easy solo climbing around this area in March-April (is this getting too late, unstable snow etc?)

i thought of starting at La Berarde, heading to the Prom. hut, over the col de la Meje, and maybe along the east ...
Read more : easy routes around La Meije for March solo trip | Views : 1367 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Europe

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557999 • Total topics 55842 • Total members 136525