It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 1:56 pm

News News of Regional Boards - Worldwide

Site map of Regional Boards - Worldwide » Forum : Regional Boards - Worldwide

Groups in SPv2

This weekend there was a db-upload from SPv1 to SPv2. It appears that after the upload the relationships between mountain groups and their respective mountains are a bit mixed up. Part of the reason for this is that some groups cannot be identified. All of you group maintaiers please check that the name contains the words "group" or "area". Prominent examples are

Dolomites Mountains -> Dolomites Mountains Group
Alps (Eastern Part) -> Alps (Eastern Part) ...
Read more : Groups in SPv2 | Views : 580 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Europe

Swiss Alps in September '06

Hi all,

I am doing several technical mountaineering courses this year in Leysin with the ISM (thanks to my Uni grant) that should give me a solid grounding in terms of skills and experience.

2 of the courses run in the first 2 weeks of September and I'm planning on staying on in Switzerland for the second half of the month (17-30th) - either for trekking or better yet to do some more climbs and ...
Read more : Swiss Alps in September '06 | Views : 1562 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Europe

suggestions

bonjour!

we might be planning a trip to the French Alps this summer and I wanted to know if anyone could recommend some good peaks for a first time Alps visitor.
so far we have Mont Blanc in mind. any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
anita
Read more : suggestions | Views : 796 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Spanish Team

I've been thinking about creating this topic since some weeks ago, when the Italians created their Italian Chat while they had their Italian team already in SP. It's true that the idea came to me when the last started. And now that nikolai79 has suggested the topic, I've started it. The language will be Spanish, I'm sorry for the people who can't speak.

Well, the topic is inaugurated, let see how it runs...
Read more : Spanish Team | Views : 270247 | Replies : 1779 | Forum : Europe

Western Alps Grouping Structure

I have been amused by the excitement (and insecurities) the new version of SP has evoked in many SP-members, obviously concentrating on what is most dear to us all - the potw, revenge votes, vote padding, furunculi (hehe), elves, message boards, whatever.

The one thing I have been bothering about when I first read that there would be a new version is the new - and as far as I can understand - better opportunities ...
Read more : Western Alps Grouping Structure | Views : 3089 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Europe

What about a Spanish team?

Hi you all

I have seen here Italians and any others has their own space to chat about their things.

I wonder if it could be a good idea starting to exchange ideas here. Maybe we could share knowledge about an area or something. Or just giving good advices...

Also, we can find partners...
Read more : What about a Spanish team? | Views : 2024 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Rock climbing and mountaineering in N. Germany

I will be moving to Hamburg at the end of the summer. I have been to a couple of rock gyms on visits and pulled on plastic, but it would suck to climb in a gym all summer. What are the best places in the area to get on rock?

Also, I know that the Harz are close, but unsure of the routes and height. Would I be better off taking a train south?

Thanks, ...
Read more : Rock climbing and mountaineering in N. Germany | Views : 4152 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Europe

Bergli Hut Bernese Alps

Grüsse,

we are planning a trip to the Jungfrau area, end of february. We plan to use the winterraum of the Mönchjochhut, but if this is not available, we would use the nearby Bergli Hut.

I understand the hut should be open, and should have 20 beds available, also a stove and a supply of wood. Can anyone confirm this info or add any?

Any help is appreciated!

Koen
Read more : Bergli Hut Bernese Alps | Views : 1558 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Zugspitze

Hi together,

anyone knows about the actuel conditions at the Zugsptze. I would like to got the Reintal next week.

Thanks a lot

Chris
Read more : Zugspitze | Views : 1844 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Europe

Tribute to Jean Christophe Lafaille

All the evidences tell us that we have lost one of the biggest alpinist for ever. from this site my dep felt tribute to him:
He was rock climber (till 8c, 8a soloing). Later he was a great alpinist (several routes opened in Alps).
Today he was an awesome himalayist. He had already 10 8000´s, always in a great style, giving preference to this concept over the summit: New route in the Makalu II, alpine ...
Read more : Tribute to Jean Christophe Lafaille | Views : 1070 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Europe

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557999 • Total topics 55842 • Total members 136525