It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:19 am

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

Yes? No? When?

Matt,

recently two items that affect the content area of the site have been discussed. I am just wondering if these are potential changes, or just hopes and dreams?

And if changes, what kind of timing are we looking at for each? A couple months? A year? Wait until a new SP version, maybe several years?

The first, on making it so that 7, 8, 9, or 10 votes all have a positive impact on ...
Read more : Yes? No? When? | Views : 11326 | Replies : 67 | Forum : Site Feedback

"Home" missing

Most internet sites have a series of shortcuts at the top of each page, just as SP does. All the others I have seen start off with "Home" at the left hand end of the list. SP has a list that starts with "Home" at the bottom of the "regular" pages but not on the forum pages. This means that after you start navigating around the SP forums the only way to get back to ...
Read more : "Home" missing | Views : 1511 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Site Feedback

"Back" Button Does Not Work In Browser.

Recently, the "back" button does not work in my browser on the SP forum. I'm using IE8, and have not experienced the problem on any other website.
Read more : "Back" Button Does Not Work In Browser. | Views : 3920 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Site Feedback

Add a "Best Routes for you" to ranges, areas, etc.

I'd like to see this added soon. I'm starting to spend more time on Mountain Project, because they have it. Red Rocksand the high Sierra were an examples of when I used it. I don't know what the code etc is to create it, but it'd be nice.

The descriptions there suck.
Read more : Add a "Best Routes for you" to ranges, areas, etc. | Views : 1799 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Site Feedback

Time for Bob Shiler to go away.

OK, I personally have had it with this person being a moderator.

Bob, why do you take it upon yourself to wreck threads?

What is your personal motivation?

Who gave you the power to do this?

I really mean this, I do not think I am breaking any rules.

I never try to demean anyone on SP, nor do I toss bombs.

I am just very dissatisfied with your idea of just what "Moderating" is. ...
Read more : Time for Bob Shiler to go away. | Views : 22379 | Replies : 119 | Forum : Site Feedback

Replying to threads

Everytime i try to reply to a thread my profile comes up !

Now sorted.
Read more : Replying to threads | Views : 1240 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Page Help

Pages needing help

I believe I may already know the answer to this, but I'll pose the question anyway.

There's 2-3 pages I wouldn't mind taking over ownership of. On such pages that have been stagnant for a long time without additions,
is it possible/feasable to have these pages transferred to a new owner who will take care of them? On one such page, I have already contacted the OP but
have never received a reply.
We all ...
Read more : Pages needing help | Views : 1524 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

Greasemonkey Not Working

I was using a greasemonkey script posted to this site that allowed pictures in the image gallery to appear 2-3 times larger than their usual thumbnail size. While it still works when looking at peoples personal galleries, it no longer works while viewing object image galleries. Anyone have any idea why this is?
Read more : Greasemonkey Not Working | Views : 692 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Feedback

www.mbpost.com www.mbpost.com

Why not including its link in SP main page :?:
Read more : www.mbpost.com | Views : 2086 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

Some large and medium pictures format are gone

Hi all,

For tons of old pictures, Large and medium format are gone.

Even if not updated pictures since SPV2 are less than 650 pixels wide or long,
don't forget that lots of old pictures could have been updated in wider formats...That are lost now.

Vertical picture are appearing now as a small cutoff of the fullformat: example http://www.summitpost.org/pointe-de-rome/19015/c-348974

Could you reload these intermediate formats or have some data been lost ?

Olivier
Read more : Some large and medium pictures format are gone | Views : 1453 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Feedback

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557984 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136489