It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 3:08 pm

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

Chugach Range

I just noticed that most SP info (including a few pages I made- this page and it's children and peak 6525) for the Chugach range of Alaska is parented by a Chugach Album. I'm sure I'm not the best authority for making a proper area/range page for the Chugach. What's the procedure in this case?
Thanks all,
Jed
Read more : Chugach Range | Views : 6077 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Feedback

Spammers around

Spammers around
Before you respond to any "Comment", check it out first. They've been lurking on Mbpost.

Like, is the person in the Profile also in their images. It's easy to say you are someone, talk some stuff, steal a few pics and say you are a climber. So don't just reply by e-mail until you've been conversing for a while.
Read more : Spammers around | Views : 1000 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Feedback

bickering over climbing ratings are not enough?

I'm on this site from time to time, occasionally looking for beta, and find it hilarious that basically everything anyone posts can be rated by everyone else. Have climbers gotten bored over bickering over climbing ratings, so they have to go on here and downrate anything they don't like to make their daily quotas of being a bunch of grumpy wankers? I think I've even had a rock/route removed, since, keeping with the spirit of ...
Read more : bickering over climbing ratings are not enough? | Views : 1885 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Site Feedback

Source of image posted on SP

I would like to suggest the admin to make it necessary to add source of image some one want to add in SP site. Either it is self / Friends name of friend / Others. So that the real owner of image/picture should be honor.
Read more : Source of image posted on SP | Views : 2147 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Site Feedback

Misc. corrections

Hi,

Is this the right avenue for correcting summit pages? I did post there awhile back in the correction sections but I see those peaks are not heavily trafficked enough to warrant a swift change.

This http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... _id=224472 appears to be a dupe of this http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock ... ucusi.html but I could be wrong..

Coordinates are wrong for http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ...
Read more : Misc. corrections | Views : 8056 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Bad Submissions

Who Got Rick Rolled?

When clicking on a "new user" on the home page, I got Rick Rolled. (This was the toilet paper roll user.) Apparently, so did an elf, because it got cleaned up pretty fast. Anybody else?
Read more : Who Got Rick Rolled? | Views : 3891 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Site Feedback

Online jokers need zapping

When you click on photo-of-the-day or photo-of-the-week, a malicious spam message appears.

Appears to be from some punks from NYC playing around with their computer.

Please zap "omgclickme" and "SP joker" immediately !!!
Read more : Online jokers need zapping | Views : 13193 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Bad Submissions

Interest in another SP sister site?

Since we now have Mountain Bike Post as a sister site to this one, I am sure there are some whitewater kayakers out there.
What's everyone's feeling on starting another SP branch site that deals with whitewater kayaking?? Any interest?
Read more : Interest in another SP sister site? | Views : 6288 | Replies : 27 | Forum : Site Feedback

Screen resolution of 1024x786?

I'm more curious than anything, but how do you go about making a page of a screen resolution of 1024x786? Does it have to do with picture size (pixels)?
Read more : Screen resolution of 1024x786? | Views : 4844 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Page Help

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136501