It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 3:32 pm

News News of Site Feedback

Site map of Site Feedback » Forum : Site Feedback

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

any server problem ?

I can't see any image -
while opening the page a script tells : waiting for c0423011.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com...

oops - solved ! :)
Read more : any server problem ? | Views : 2420 | Replies : 2

Classmates?

Everytime I hit the SP site I now get an annoying pop-up ad for "Classmates". This does not happen on any other sites.

I am running IE8 and AVG. The pop-up occurs after clicking on a link to read messages in the forums. Am I the only one getting this stuff? :?:
Read more : Classmates? | Views : 2400 | Replies : 9

About geo-localization of SP pictures

I suggest all pictures on this site should be geo-localized. Even if it's a huge work to update all the existing pictures, that will give sense and usefullness to the big amount of posted pictures.

It seems some SP users don't know how to localize pictures with google maps tool. New Google maps with altitude and relief helps a lot, but some summit names are wrong.

I simply suggest:

- update your own pictures as ...
Read more : About geo-localization of SP pictures | Views : 9953 | Replies : 32

Re: 6' 4" blond hair, blue eyes

goldenhopper wrote:Looking for partners: Yes or No
Type of activities: List all that apply

The page used to have these. Don't know why they were deleted. (But I didn't use them and don't care that they're gone.)
Read more : Re: 6' 4" blond hair, blue eyes | Views : 1338 | Replies : 1

Chugach Range

I just noticed that most SP info (including a few pages I made- this page and it's children and peak 6525) for the Chugach range of Alaska is parented by a Chugach Album. I'm sure I'm not the best authority for making a proper area/range page for the Chugach. What's the procedure in this case?
Thanks all,
Jed
Read more : Chugach Range | Views : 6080 | Replies : 2

Spammers around

Spammers around
Before you respond to any "Comment", check it out first. They've been lurking on Mbpost.

Like, is the person in the Profile also in their images. It's easy to say you are someone, talk some stuff, steal a few pics and say you are a climber. So don't just reply by e-mail until you've been conversing for a while.
Read more : Spammers around | Views : 1000 | Replies : 0

bickering over climbing ratings are not enough?

I'm on this site from time to time, occasionally looking for beta, and find it hilarious that basically everything anyone posts can be rated by everyone else. Have climbers gotten bored over bickering over climbing ratings, so they have to go on here and downrate anything they don't like to make their daily quotas of being a bunch of grumpy wankers? I think I've even had a rock/route removed, since, keeping with the spirit of ...
Read more : bickering over climbing ratings are not enough? | Views : 1886 | Replies : 9

Source of image posted on SP

I would like to suggest the admin to make it necessary to add source of image some one want to add in SP site. Either it is self / Friends name of friend / Others. So that the real owner of image/picture should be honor.
Read more : Source of image posted on SP | Views : 2149 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557999 • Total topics 55842 • Total members 136525