It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 1:06 am

News News of Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Site map of Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX) » Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Great American Southwest. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Southwest US Climbing Partners section.

Sedona hike ideas

I'm going to Sedona for a few days soon with the wife.
What are some of your ideas on the best hikes for the VIEWS (distant views) and for the best hikes for the TERRAIN (local rock features) that are within a half-hour drive of Sedona?
The duration of the hike for these ideas should be no more than 6 hours round trip for two people that are in reasonably good shape.

Thanks - Paul
Read more : Sedona hike ideas | Views : 11291 | Replies : 18

Mount Charleston shortcut??

Hello all. I saved this picture of a shortcut route on the Charleston loop and i can't seem to remember where i found it. i believe there were some pretty good coordinates along with the picture but i'll be darned if i know where i found it. Does it look familiar to anyone? Heading out there this weekend.
Read more : Mount Charleston shortcut?? | Views : 3790 | Replies : 3

wheeler pk, NV conditions

Has anybody been to Wheeler pk, Nevada recently that can share what the conditions are? Going to be there May 15
Read more : wheeler pk, NV conditions | Views : 4364 | Replies : 6

WEAVER's NEEDLE - east side climb route?

Does anyone out there have a climb route for the east side of Weaver's Needle in the Superstitions?

Really Appreciate the help,
Scott
Read more : WEAVER's NEEDLE - east side climb route? | Views : 3781 | Replies : 1

Mount Taylor & Sierra Blanca - Snow?

Does anyone know if there's much snow left on either Mount Taylor or Sierra Blanca in NM?
Read more : Mount Taylor & Sierra Blanca - Snow? | Views : 3368 | Replies : 2

Humphreys

Hi,

Just curious of current conditions on Humphreys?

I'd prefer to go when most of the snow is melted, but wasn't sure how quick things melt out this way.

Was also curious about Navajo Mountain just across the borer in Utah.

Thanks!
g4b
Read more : Humphreys | Views : 5752 | Replies : 6

Boundary Peak, NV late May

I get a few free days before and after a conference in Vegas in late May. Thinking about taking a shot at Boundary Peak either the weekend of May 18th or of May 25th. From past years' reports, looks like Boundary and Montgomery are often still snow and ice covered around then, but some years may vary. Anyone know what how the White Mountains are looking this year?
Read more : Boundary Peak, NV late May | Views : 7066 | Replies : 8

NPS climbing management in Lake Mead wildernesses

Some of you will have opinions about this stuff. See summary here:

http://www.nationalparkstraveler.com/20 ... areas22920

Public meetings:

March 18, Mohave Community College, Room 2, 3400 Arizona 95, Bullhead City, Ariz.

March 19, Boulder City Library, 701 Adams Blvd., Boulder City, Nev.

March 21, James Gibson Library, 100 W Lake Mead Pkwy., Henderson, Nev.
Read more : NPS climbing management in Lake Mead wildernesses | Views : 4070 | Replies : 7

KIM CO TO KENTON OK VIA NM 456 HWY

has anyone driven from KIM CO to KENTON OK (Black Mesa) down via CR 197 (Sheep Pen Canyon) etc to NM 456 ? Do I need 4 x 4 drive or can a normal sedan (no high clearance) make it?
Read more : KIM CO TO KENTON OK VIA NM 456 HWY | Views : 2591 | Replies : 0

Salome Canyon

I am hoping to go up to Salome Canyon this year and was wondering of anyone lnows the best time of year I was hoping for end of may early june but most of my party does not have wetsuits. Would later in the year after monsoons say septmeber be better due to water temps?
Read more : Salome Canyon | Views : 3223 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557998 • Total topics 55842 • Total members 136523