It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:28 am

News News of Technique and Training

Site map of Technique and Training » Forum : Technique and Training

Tips, tricks, workouts, injury advice.

You train for mountains?!

I like to think that I'm in good shape but spent the last month or so on a fishing boat in Alaska and that completely took away my mountain legs. So give me your one month hard training for big mountains. 8,000m big. Have access to the Cascades, Squamish & Sierra.
Read more : You train for mountains?! | Views : 13571 | Replies : 15

Training Plans for Mountaineering

As a cyclist, we often train with fixed plans and workouts from coaches. I haven't noticed any coaches for mountaineering and climbing, but I am planning on taking a year off, maybe to climb all of the European Country highpoints. To train for the trip I am looking for coaches and training plans. Are there any coaches that can give me training plans, or is that unheard of? Thanks.
Read more : Training Plans for Mountaineering | Views : 33034 | Replies : 37

Ski Touring Technique?

Ok so this might not be shin bash but I am happy to hear from experience.

2 years ago I was touring on old soft boot and stupidly skied on the piste hard for a day. A day or two later a pain in my right shin appeared that was excruciating. It didn’t hurt to touch or rub and nothing was visible. But to ski the pain was unbearable. I tried padding out with those ...
Read more : Ski Touring Technique? | Views : 4621 | Replies : 8

A couple of cordelette questions from a NOOB.

A couple of (dumb?) questions on cordelettes;

1) What cord diameter and material of construction do you folks prefer? I have seen everything from 5mm on up to 7mm; nylon or?
2) What length cord? 15 feet, 20, ??
3) Knots: just use a double fisherman's or??
4) Should cords be made from static line or can you use a dynamic line?

Thanks for the input!
Read more : A couple of cordelette questions from a NOOB. | Views : 50644 | Replies : 55

How to protect big cracks

Read more : How to protect big cracks | Views : 2307 | Replies : 2

alpine start aug 2012

hi all.
first time posting here, have been sport climbing and bouldering in the gym and at the crags for some time now and wanting to progress to a bigger scene.
summer vacation is coming up and i want to get my alpine start in chamonix this august.
thinking of a basic alpine course or a intro to mountaineering via a guided week long trial which could end with a 4000 m peak bid.
i ...
Read more : alpine start aug 2012 | Views : 4884 | Replies : 5

Team arrest: when to use it?

Been thinking about this for a while. Glaciers aside, when would you tie together and not use some kind of protection on a steep snow slope? Do you think a team of 2 or 3 skilled climbers would almost always be better off by themselves or would roping together without running pro be a good strategy sometimes? How likely is it that your rope mates could stop your fall on snow if you could not? ...
Read more : Team arrest: when to use it? | Views : 11166 | Replies : 13

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557961 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136430