It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:35 am

News News of Technique and Training

Site map of Technique and Training » Forum : Technique and Training

Tips, tricks, workouts, injury advice.

Kiwi Coil Question - Shortening the Rope

When shortening up the rope between you and your partner (alpine/glacier situations), it seems the kiwi coil is an easy way to do it. I noticed that after you make your kiwi coil, any pull from your partner is now going to be transferred less from your harness and more on your upper body, which may throw you off balance.

Is there a remedy for this? Something to put the pull back onto your harness? ...
Read more : Kiwi Coil Question - Shortening the Rope | Views : 17353 | Replies : 16

Next pet peeve - belay technique!!!

Ok, now that we have spewed about helmet preferences, I want to air a little about my pet peeve. I hate having to pick the pieces up and carry people out from the crags and so I open my mouth about belay technique all the time. Much of the problem is with people being taught at the gym and what will hold a 5' fall will NOT hold a 25' fall. I see people holding ...
Read more : Next pet peeve - belay technique!!! | Views : 45073 | Replies : 76

Another Knot Question?

What knot to use when joining cords together so you can rap down a few pitches?

How do you get past the knot? gulp :?

I am Knot a "Big Wally" sort of guy. The few times I have needed to do this, we used double fisherman knots, my partner left the ends long enuf to make two looped steps. When you got to the knot, you ...
Read more : Another Knot Question? | Views : 11861 | Replies : 20

Soloing Mount Sunflower

Has anyone soloed Mount Sunflower ?! I know it is a difficult alpine climb with a killer approach, and would appreciate some input.

btw Are all the summit pinnacles the same height ? Please, no annoying or harassing comments ... THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS !!

I need a hug :lol:
Read more : Soloing Mount Sunflower | Views : 12658 | Replies : 57

Antibotts

I've read of some SP members making their own antibotts from juice bottles & ties/ ducttape. I'd like to make my own for a pair of BD contacts. Does anyone have a photo of they can post of their handiwork?
Read more : Antibotts | Views : 7317 | Replies : 21

runner thread

who runs? Who competes, who runs to get/stay fit for the mountains?

Did a 10km road race today, lousey slow 51mins 49 secs. I´m no great shakes, but last year I did it in 49mins... grrrr!! But it was a nce country race along good roads through a nice village. The weather was sunny and warm so who could ask for more... except maybe 3 minutes off my time.
Read more : runner thread | Views : 153618 | Replies : 586

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557950 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136411