It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:32 pm

News News of Utah

Site map of Utah » Forum : Utah

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the great state of Utah, from the alpine peaks to the desert slots. Please post partners requests and trip plans here or in the Utah Climbing Partners section.

Buckskin Gulch vs Bull Valley Gorge/Will Creek Loop

Hi,

I am trying to decide which one-day hike is best (based on uniquesness and nice pics) for my visit to the Zion area (yup, I am doing the other cool stuff like the Narrows, etc, etc):

(1) Buckskin Gulch. I would hike it from the Wire Pass trailhead and probably make it up to the Middle trail and back (not sure I can do it all the way to the Confluence and back in ...
Read more : Buckskin Gulch vs Bull Valley Gorge/Will Creek Loop | Views : 4123 | Replies : 5

Onaqui Mts Questions

Anyone know what the high point for the Onaqui Mts (just to the south of the Stansbury range)? I don't see any Bench Marks listed on the few topo maps I've looked at. Does it have an unofficial name or a summit post page?

Thanks.
Read more : Onaqui Mts Questions | Views : 3116 | Replies : 1

Climbing in Escalante?

Looking for info on moderate (5.6-5.9), multi-pitch routes in Escalante/Grand Staircase National Monument. So far, Broken Bow Arch is the only thing I've been able to find that seems worth doing. Looking to spend a week or more in the area some time in late April/early May. Other goals of the trip will be canyoneering and desert hiking, so not necessarily looking for a TON of climbing info, but a few cool towers, spires or ...
Read more : Climbing in Escalante? | Views : 9999 | Replies : 6

Zion - West Rim Trail in April

Greetings,

My friends and I will be in southern Utah mid April and I am looking to plan a top down hike of the West Rim Trail (Lava Point to the Grotto). I was wondering what type of snow conditions we might expect that time of year. Most of the literature says there should be some remaining snow, but I have heard that it has been a very dry year out there. I also heard ...
Read more : Zion - West Rim Trail in April | Views : 7035 | Replies : 5

Canyoneering/Exploration President's Day Weekend

I'm looking for some interested people to explore a new technical canyon over Presidents Day Weekend. Just in case, it would be nice to have a rope gun with us. If interested, let me know.
Read more : Canyoneering/Exploration President's Day Weekend | Views : 6046 | Replies : 9

Lone Peak January 2013

So, like eh...anyone wanna go up Lone Peak this month?
Read more : Lone Peak January 2013 | Views : 3333 | Replies : 4

12.17.12 day hike/canyon/peak bag

got a long weekend coming up, been really jonesing for a colorado plateau outing. worth my while to drive from vegas to spend a day playing outside in the greatest place on earth, utah's colorado plateau. would love to do no kidding in north wash area again. or any hiking round there or capitol reef or teh swell. or paria area as well. if anybody's near by and got the time and the interest i'd ...
Read more : 12.17.12 day hike/canyon/peak bag | Views : 3835 | Replies : 2

Ice Climbing Partner(s) Needed

I'm eager to get out and climbing the ICE in Utah this winter (2012/13), and I'm in need of one or more regular partners. I work the normal M-F, but will be free most weekends to ice climb. Please PM me if you are interested.

This Saturday (Dec 8, 2012), I plan to climb the Dirtcicle in Spanish Fork Canyon as it's the only thing I'm aware of that is "in" at the moment. Anyone ...
Read more : Ice Climbing Partner(s) Needed | Views : 3258 | Replies : 0

Desert Towers Climbing Video

Here is a short video (and photos) that I patched together after heading west a while ago. Sarah, Dominic, Pete and I climbed Crooked Arrow Spire, the Three Gossips and Dark Angel over 3 days.

http://www.brianinthewild.com/dark-ange ... spire.html
Read more : Desert Towers Climbing Video | Views : 2754 | Replies : 0

UTAH AVALANCHE CONDITIONS 2012-2013

CALLING ALL UTAHN'S.........

About 3 years ago Ed F created a wonderful and very useful thread entitled "Wasatch Avalanche Conditions". This thread is much like the thread from previous years. Anyone should feel free to contribute, regardless of the depth of their avalanche knowledge. More information is better than less information.

This thread is a place to provide field observations, pow shots and the overall expirence of the day. The posts do not have to ...
Read more : UTAH AVALANCHE CONDITIONS 2012-2013 | Views : 3658 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557984 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136491