It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:13 am

News News of Utah

Site map of Utah » Forum : Utah

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the great state of Utah, from the alpine peaks to the desert slots. Please post partners requests and trip plans here or in the Utah Climbing Partners section.

Mt Superior, via South Ridge

Yesterday (11/24) I climbed up the South Ridge of Mt Superior. I wanted to post a quick summary of conditions.

We went up the Suicide Chute, which had good cramponing to the col (10,100). One small rock step to climb over but not bad at all. Once on the ridge we found good climbing conditions staying directly on the ridge crest. Not, much cornice formation yet, and easy to navigate. We did keep crampons on ...
Read more : Mt Superior, via South Ridge | Views : 3460 | Replies : 1

rope found on Washer Woman

If you can describe it, I'll try to get it back to you. In the Moab area for a few more days, then taking off (likely SLC-Bay Area-Bend). Lemme know. Phone/text better than by computer. 510.393.2651
Read more : rope found on Washer Woman | Views : 3188 | Replies : 1

Lone Peak video

Filmed and edited by MVH. With some friends up on LP November 3, 2012. Be sure to watch in 720P HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXjSHa8CwT0
Read more : Lone Peak video | Views : 4334 | Replies : 2

Ben Lomond

I want to get one more run up Ben Lomond this week before it snows again. Anyone been up there since it snowed last? I imagine there is still snow on the east side. I want to know if its been packed down by traffic or still deep enough to get my feet wet and cold. Thanks
Read more : Ben Lomond | Views : 3065 | Replies : 3

Broads Twin Peaks

I am driving down to SLC to do a hike up broads Twin Peaks and possibly the triple traverse. does anyone know what the snow situation is looking like up there right now? Thanks in advance,
Read more : Broads Twin Peaks | Views : 3408 | Replies : 5

Autumn leaves ?

Hey, are you guys awake up there ???

This Utah member took a great picture of recent fall colors, already appearing in the high country.

http://www.summitpost.org/castle-rocks/814977/c-814986

Anybody else :?: :?:
Read more : Autumn leaves ? | Views : 4995 | Replies : 8

La Sal's

Hey guys,

I'll be out in the Moab area the first week of October. I've been looking at climbing Mt. Peale one of those days, but wanted to know if there were any other peaks in the area that might be worth a look. No 4WD, not looking for anything technical. Also wondering about weather in the area around that time, I assume it can still get pretty hot down in the desert still but ...
Read more : La Sal's | Views : 2664 | Replies : 2

Buckskin Gulch / Paria Canyon in late November

Hi. I've done this trip a couple of times, including once in mid-March when i didn't think it was too cold. That said, i can't find any info of people doing it this time of year, and the BLM site's (confusing) graph seems to indicate highs of 50 and lows of 25, which i assume means water temps of 35-40.

Anyone with personal experience anytime between mid-November to mid-December? I'd like to give it a ...
Read more : Buckskin Gulch / Paria Canyon in late November | Views : 3594 | Replies : 1

One day in wendover. Looking for easy to moderate peak

Hi

I will be in wendover for one day and would like to do a 1/2 day hike. My partner is pretty inexperienced and I have moderate experience. I am thinking volcano peak but am looking for other hikes as well

Also, anyone know of any cool ghost towns or small western town bars in that area of Nevada or Utah

Thanks

Rich
Read more : One day in wendover. Looking for easy to moderate peak | Views : 5500 | Replies : 8

Buckskin Gulch trip

Going on a two night trip from wire pass to whitehouse trail October 28th-30th. Anyone interested?
Read more : Buckskin Gulch trip | Views : 3511 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558043 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136630