It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 3:58 pm

News News of Utah

Site map of Utah » Forum : Utah

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the great state of Utah, from the alpine peaks to the desert slots. Please post partners requests and trip plans here or in the Utah Climbing Partners section.

corner canyon road

want to hike Lone Peak from Jacob's Ladder this Saturday. I haven't done this hike in a few years now. Does anyone know if corner canyon road is still fit for sedans or more for high-clearance vehicles? I see that you can get at it from both the Orson TH and Suncrest Road on South Mountain. Any info is appreciated. Wondering which approach is better, more doable.....

i don't want to take the alpine TH ...
Read more : corner canyon road | Views : 4184 | Replies : 1

Found: Ice Axe, Lone Peak summit ridge.

May 24th I was heading up the north summit ridge of Lone Peak when I ran into another guy I believe named Robert Kemp of South Jordan or possibly Riverton, can't remember which. He dropped his axe just north of the beginning of the crux near the "finger" gendarm on the north summit ridge, which slid down the snow on the west aspect and out of sight. After hitting the summit and on my way ...
Read more : Found: Ice Axe, Lone Peak summit ridge. | Views : 4496 | Replies : 2

High Uinta Conditions

Anyone been in the high Uintas recently? I am looking for any beta on snowpack/conditions for any of the north slope drainages.
Randy
Read more : High Uinta Conditions | Views : 11619 | Replies : 12

Bull Creek Pass Conditions - Henry Mtns?

Anyone been down there recently and know how road conditions are following this winter? I'm thinking of taking friends down there in about a week...have a 4Runner, tire plugs, compressor, etc. But still would like to avoid REALLY nasty road conditions. I'm expecting things to get a little rough, but between the Notum Road approach and Lonesome Beaver, which one's the lesser of two evils right now?
Read more : Bull Creek Pass Conditions - Henry Mtns? | Views : 4187 | Replies : 1

Navajo Mountain

Hi,

Just curious of current conditions on Navajo Mountain?

Also, when does it get too hot for comfort out that way?

Thanks!
Read more : Navajo Mountain | Views : 3600 | Replies : 3

Camping alone on the Zion’s red wall

And this is how you camp in the park!!! :D

(I believe) I took these pics on March 19th, 2013, late afternoon in Zion’s valley. Maybe someone here knows that guy’s name (At least two guys I met there knew him.).

Solo climbing has its own flavor; it’s always impressed me, both free and with the rope.

PM me if you would like full ...
Read more : Camping alone on the Zion’s red wall | Views : 4553 | Replies : 0

Zion Park gate

Does anyone know about what time they start taking your money at the gate? I'm going to try and avoid it. I did it before, but forgot what time I had to be there. Yes, I'm trying to make this trip as cheap as possible.
Read more : Zion Park gate | Views : 4018 | Replies : 2

Ice/mountain conditions

I'm heading back home for a visit next week and wondering if anyone has been out to santaquin/joes valley/provo recently and can give me some info on the ice conditions. Also planning to try a climb of the Pfieferhorn friday or saturday if anyone wants to join us.
I'm hoping we can get a couple of days on the ice but noticed it's been pretty warm, although I imagine the canyon in Joe's has stayed ...
Read more : Ice/mountain conditions | Views : 3261 | Replies : 0

TWO QUESTIONS ABOUT ZION NAT'L PARK

is there snow on top of Angel's Landing and if som how much? (I'm sure there is this time of year) and then also, does anyone know if that mosquito (something) campground is open yet? i was down there last year or the year before, and it wasn't.
Read more : TWO QUESTIONS ABOUT ZION NAT'L PARK | Views : 5537 | Replies : 8

Zion west rim trail to Phantom Valley

Does anyone know if there's a non-technical (say 4th class or easier) route from the west rim trail into Phantom Valley? Perhaps about 1/2 mile north of the northern of the two intersections with the telephone canyon trail? I've been reading other forums that indicate there is a way, but they're all either vague, or reference features that don't show on my map.
Read more : Zion west rim trail to Phantom Valley | Views : 6304 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136498