Some help and ideas

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.
Scott
Forum Moderator

Re: Some help and ideas

by Scott » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:38 am

Are there readily available accomodations on these trekking routes or do most people carry a tent.

Yes. They can be crowded in March, April, October, and November though.

Are there areas to re supply or do you need to bring all resources for a 10 to 14 day trip

There are plenty of places to resupply.

Are there any mountains to attempt to summit in the area?

Yes, there are mountains of all levels of difficulty there.

Here is a partial list of peaks that can be climbed with only trekking skills and with no extra equipment:

https://www.summitpost.org/nepal-trek-a ... ins/955631

Here is a list of the "trekking peaks", some of which are easy technical peaks. Some are quite hard though. They have a large range in difficulty.

https://www.summitpost.org/nepalese-tre ... aks/171056

herdbull

by herdbull » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:44 pm

I don't think I'd carry a tent unless absolutely necessary for one of your summit attempts. It will be busy but you should have no problem finding a room in a tea house anywhere along your trek. A little research on what trekking peaks you would want to do should tell you if you need a tent.

Now if you wanted to attempt something like Island Peak or Mera Peak or even Lobuche you would need a tent. All relatively "easy" trekking/climbing peaks probably within your skill level. For those you would need a tent. At least for a night or 2. The convenience and nicety of the teahouses is really hard to beat.

Double check with the airport or contacts in Kathmandu. I read in one of Alan Arnette's blogs that they are closing all flights to Lukla for some much needed runway work in Kathmandu. Most people are having to fly in from a different city which is about a 4 hour bus ride from Kathmandu.

Not sure about actual trekking peaks. I have been on Mera and Lobuche both with guides, which I think were required on those peaks.

Nepal is a wonderful place. You will love it and the people. The mtns and beauty are just a bonus.

no avatar
mirandawells

by mirandawells » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:40 am

Hi dave, Ive been in nepal. Nepal is rich in traditional culture and the people in nepal are friendly. If you travel around South east Asia, nepal is the great place having mountain climbing. I've trekked there with an amazing team. They are the one who brought all the equipment for me, like they're all in one package.

Return to Asia