Pico de Orizaba in December Anyone?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.
TexasClimber3

Pico de Orizaba in December Anyone?

by TexasClimber3 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:04 am

I am looking to climb Pico de Orizaba and one or two of Mexico's other volcanoes during December/January. If anyone is interested in joining me please let me know- I have some experience with glacier/alpine climbing (Cotopaxi/various other volcanoes) but would like someone with more experience to join me. I would rather not go with a guide so I'm hoping to find a partner/group to go with. If you are interested just send me a PM!

TexasClimber3

Orizaba in December

by TexasClimber3 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:37 am

So I found a couple of people from SP to go to Mexico with Dec. 26th-Jan 3rd. We are planning on do some acclimatizing (la malinche etc.) and Orizaba, so if anyone is up for joining us they are welcome!

no avatar
Patrix

by Patrix » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:40 pm

I've been thinking of climbing Orizaba this winter. Do you have a tentative itinerary?

Grampahawk

by Grampahawk » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:42 pm

We're putting a group together to go around Jan 3-8. Two are committed. Two others are still waiting for final details to see if it will work. Send me a PM for more information and team experience.

deep6

by deep6 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:42 am

grampahawk: are you guys planning to head straight up pico between 1/3 - 1/8?...planning on doing any acclimization peaks beforehand??

thank you.

Return to Mexico, Central America and Caribbean