Tent at Goûter hut

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
Mihai Tanase

Tent at Goûter hut

by Mihai Tanase » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:39 am

Near Goûter hut you can pitch your tent for 1 night ( bivouac ). Tête Rousse offer a real camping place, so you can stay there for few days without problems. Don't forget that Mont Blanc range is a protected area. Under 2500m of altitude you have to use oficial camping places.

no avatar
CezaryK

Re: Tent at Goûter hut

by CezaryK » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:00 am

Mihai Tanase wrote:Near Goûter hut you can pitch your tent for 1 night ( bivouac ). Tête Rousse offer a real camping place, so you can stay there for few days without problems. Don't forget that Mont Blanc range is a protected area. Under 2500m of altitude you have to use oficial camping places.

Mihai, when I was approaching Tete Rouse on 13th July I stumble upon a guy that said it is definitely forbidden by law to put up a tent above Tete Rouse.
He was wearing clothes with Campagne du Mont Blanc logo (or something similar). I was really surprised. He really made many people changed their plans. Including me and my team.

no avatar
CezaryK

Re: Tent at Goûter hut

by CezaryK » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:03 am

Mihai Tanase wrote:Near Goûter hut you can pitch your tent for 1 night ( bivouac ). Tête Rousse offer a real camping place, so you can stay there for few days without problems. Don't forget that Mont Blanc range is a protected area. Under 2500m of altitude you have to use oficial camping places.

Forgot to add that I came across about dozen of tents about a 10 min walk above Gouter Hut. Does it all make any sense?

Return to Europe