Forbidden Peak

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.
ExcitableBoy

by ExcitableBoy » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:13 pm

Any route on Forbidden is do-able car to car in a day, especially the west or east ridges. I managed the much longer north ridge in 14 hours.

no avatar
Alasdair

by Alasdair » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:53 pm

ExcitibleBoy wrote:Any route on Forbidden is do-able car to car in a day, especially the west or east ridges. I managed the much longer north ridge in 14 hours.

Although it is possible. I would like to caution that if you were to do it in a day you better be very comfortable on this type of terrain because you probably dont want to be pitching it out. You should probably be familiar with the area because you might be doing part of the approach in the dark. A lot of people spend the night at the west ridge col who were not planning to.

Mark Straub

by Mark Straub » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:23 am

I will want to do this next summer. Assuming I'm too much of a wuss to simul-climb it, could this be done in two full days?

-Mark

no avatar
Alasdair

by Alasdair » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:30 am

Yea two full days is great.

Sierra Ledge Rat

Re: Forbidden Peak

by Sierra Ledge Rat » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:15 am

BuckytheGREAT wrote:I'm looking into doing that climb early June.
I found some info online but I'm wondering if this is possible to do in one day from the road?

Read about the first ascent.

They bush-whacked something like 15 miles to the peak (no roads or trails back then), climbed the peak, and bush-whacked back out. In one day.

Is it possible to do in one day? Nowadays with a road almost all the way to the peak? Hmmm.....

I'll echo the comments about trying the north ridge in one day. Unless you are really fast and know the way to the route, you'll probably not make it in one day.

Return to Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)