Missing CA Thread

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Bob Burd
Forum Moderator

Missing CA Thread

by Bob Burd » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:04 pm

Sorry for deleting a post in this forum asking about a missing thread in the CA forum, that was a mistake - I had meant to respond to the inquiry instead.

The CA thread started off legit, even if it was a bit weird, but it degenerated after the first half dozen posts. In the past, such threads would get moved to PnP, but of course that option wasn't exactly open. Please - save the "I told you so" responses. In the future I will just move such threads to Old Favorites and let them continue or die there. Obviously off-topic threads are not likely to receive such treatment.

Gangolf Haub
Forum Moderator

Re: Missing CA Thread

by Gangolf Haub » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:01 pm

Bob Burd wrote:Sorry for deleting a post in this forum asking about a missing thread in the CA forum, that was a mistake - I had meant to respond to the inquiry instead.

The CA thread started off legit, even if it was a bit weird, but it degenerated after the first half dozen posts. In the past, such threads would get moved to PnP, but of course that option wasn't exactly open. Please - save the "I told you so" responses. In the future I will just move such threads to Old Favorites and let them continue or die there. Obviously off-topic threads are not likely to receive such treatment.

You had not deleted it. It is now where you would have put it, under OF.

Bob Burd
Forum Moderator

Re: Missing CA Thread

by Bob Burd » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:22 pm

Gangolf Haub wrote:You had not deleted it. It is now where you would have put it, under OF.

UberElf comes through yet again. :D

Bob Burd
Forum Moderator

by Bob Burd » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:51 pm

squishy wrote:lol...a glimpse at the technical prowess of the Burd...hahahaha...sry, it was there...
<3 to the bob

I'm a big proponent of Hanlon's Razor:

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

And am not above applying it to myself. :D

Return to Site Feedback